Windows 7: ReactOS shows BSDO 0x1E upon loading.

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

claymonet112

Windows 7: ReactOS shows BSDO 0x1E upon loading.

Post by claymonet112 »

Hello everyone. I'm here because Idownloaded ReactOS (An OS based on Windows NT Kernel) It shows BSOD 0x1E just upon loading. I downloaded a preinstalled version for virtualbox. Is there anything I could do? I'm asking this here because ReactOS is very similar to windows. The bsod is the same as it would show up on a windows computer.
I am hoping you'll trust me when I say:

Life is extremely hard today with out a good gaming Router. Or could it be?

Well, there is merely ONE problem. Locating a "Good" router isn't a fairly easy job.
Last edited by claymonet112 on Fri May 25, 2018 6:12 am, edited 4 times in total.
dizt3mp3r

Re: Windows 7: ReactOS shows BSDO 0x1E upon loading.

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Only download and try ReactOS because you want to test it, report bugs or similar., not because it is similar to Windows. ReactOS is currently unusable.

Read the instructions and you will see links to setting up virtualbox. See 2nd link below.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
MadWolf

Post by MadWolf »

dizt3mp3r wrote: Windows. ReactOS is currently unusable.
that depends on your definition of unusable

to help i need a debug log https://www.reactos.org/wiki/Debugging
what are the settings of the vm ?
what version of virtualbox ?
version of ReactOS
val

Post by val »

BSDO? :lol: In my language it means result of farting. sorry for the useless post
PurpleGurl

Post by PurpleGurl »

Okay, you will need to give more details as this is among the most common bugchecks in Windows.

You can learn more at Microsoft's site:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/window ... ot-handled

Usually, you cannot go by the part in hex afterwards, as it is often a memory address. However, in this case, the first 32-bit chunk of the hex is important as it is a status code. Common examples are as follows:

0x80000002: STATUS_DATATYPE_MISALIGNMENT
An unaligned data reference was encountered.

0x80000003: STATUS_BREAKPOINT
A breakpoint or ASSERT was encountered when no kernel debugger was attached to the system.

0xC0000005: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
A memory access violation occurred. (Parameter 4 of the bug check is the address that the driver attempted to access.)

For a complete list of exception codes, see the ntstatus.h file located in the inc directory of the Windows Driver Kit.

Using the debugging info from Microsoft may or may not be of use. I say this because their operating system is stable and thus the codes usually are the result of user problems or their configuration. In our case, the bugchecks likely indicate bugs in the OS.
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

MadWolf wrote: that depends on your definition of unusable
No, not really.

Warning: Please bear in mind that ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not stable or feature-complete and is not recommended for everyday use. Operating system bugs can and do result in corrupted file systems, overwritten partitions, and more. Do not install ReactOS on any computer containing important data without using a virtual machine or making full backups first.

So, that's testing only then.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.