I Really Want to See Success...But..

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

dizt3mp3r

Re: I Really Want to See Success...But..

Post by dizt3mp3r »

The point is we get a lot of complainers here and he may of recognised you as one of those.

Let's get this thread back on track. Show your interest in promoting a bounty and when done come back here and raise it in a post, I will make it my job to alert the devs.

Let's lock the thread and move on - moderators please.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
tverweij

Post by tverweij »

Last reaction on this thread.
If the chap wanted the work seriously then he had the chance to create a bounty. He was never going to do that. He couldn't be bothered, I am fairly sure of that. He just wanted to rail against the ReactOS team not listening to him on this forum even when stated that they do not come here often. As I suggested from the beginning he should have raised a bounty. He can still do that. Nothing is stopping him.
Very simple: I don't believe in supporting project A by using project B.
I also do not believe in donating without any saying of what is done with the money.
The USD 1000 is available, but has a functional request attached to it. (and if you don't believe this: your problem).
Everyone can mail me using the envelope right to this message when interested - I will only react to PM or email on this topic.
val

Post by val »

to dizt3mp3r
As for Val - he is a proven troll and very lucky to be tolerated as much as he is. Val, please do keep your negative comments to yourself and be constructive. When you are constructive you are appreciated here.
Seems like you are not exactly ignoring me.
Let me tell you 1 thing before I forget about your existence - become a moderator first to give others orders. Otherwise you are just a noisy irritating one taking advantage of a special treatment by one moderator here. for no obvious reasons by the way. That's why it is so funny to read this from you:
a proven troll and very lucky to be tolerated as much as he is.
this is an exact depiction of you. with all your grammatical edifications for every user showing up here. Calling people "idiotic" and not getting banned.
... I simply state it how it is ...
Here is an example. When I stated "as it simply is", that your are incompetent to talk about Windows IO, I got banned. Despite you were talking such a balderdash... So who's "lucky troll tolerated"? ;)

Even though I am "a troll", from now on, I'll ignore you since you are just a waste of time. See how it's really done. because your "ignoring" sucks as much as anything else yours here. :lol:
Last edited by val on Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

tverweij wrote: The USD 1000 is available, but has a functional request attached to it. (and if you don't believe this: your problem)
It has nothing do with me as stated. Do what you will. That is your choice, my personal belief will change nothing and in this case I have none in any case.

My suggestion of a bounty was simply assistance demonstrating one particular route, choose the route best suited to you. If you want me to alert the devs then just ask.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
Dr.N0

Post by Dr.N0 »

dizt3mp3r wrote:iii. Give a bounty for specific functionality that you want.
[...]
My suggestion to create a bounty was the right direction. Once you had done that, if you had been prepared to do that - then progress might be made. Until the bounty was seriously committed no offer actually existed, it is just a nice idea being discussed on a forum.
Regarding this point in particular: I am used to Bountysource from another project, so when you mentioned it, I went to check ReactOS' project page. Browsing open bounties, the first thing I find is this: https://www.bountysource.com/issues/265 ... ry-manager. As you can see, some Jira users are not too keen on such efforts. To me, it seems like the developers do not really support bounties as a mean to further development or gauge interest in a feature or fix. I would really like to hear from a developer on this as I am a huge proponent of bounties, and would like to make contributions using that method. I sincerely hope these concerns are taken as valid, constructive criticism, and not as useless negativity. Thank you!
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Dr.N0 wrote:I sincerely hope these concerns are taken as valid, constructive criticism, and not as useless negativity. Thank you!
Very much so, a positive and useful suggestion. I would welcome any suggestions of alternative routes for bounties. As ReactOS becomes more and more usable, these sort of requests are likely to grow in number and it would be useful to have one or two recommended routes.
mametoc

Post by mametoc »

We continue with the "bounty" which has proven to be poor. And this is not to be "positive or negative" is to continue and continue with the same mantras:

(i Find a way of attracting competent devs that are familiar with the.
ii. Encourage others who want to become competent to look at bugs and perhaps suggest soutions / code.
iii. Give a bounty for specific functionality that you want.
iv. Donate
v. Encourage others to donate
vi.. Publicise ReactOS)

, that is well as mental pathology or fanaticism, but little more.

And no, to dismiss or not the games (the old ones) has nothing to do with "own desire", IS BEING PRACTICAL AND REALISTIC, seriously that most people use PCs are to play old games?, sorry but they use a lot and lots and lots... APPS.
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Mametoc, please, that's all just weird. Trying to understand your post - I think you've simply misunderstood re: the games, they are merely applications too. Running a game is as good as running any application as a test for ReactOS. It tests that application. If anyone chooses to do look deeper at the epic win thread they will see all manner of applications tested there, not just games. They are all equally valid as tests.

Regarding the methods of contributing to ReactOS - your views seem to be, well, a little extreme but you've mentioned them before. I don't think they will get much traction here.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

That whole thread is nothing more than ppl getting frustrated of not knowing how much work it is to clone the behavior of a closed architecture. I will not support this in any way, especially the more and more aggressive tone here if ppl try to explain what some skilled devs do here and thus. LOCKED

If you have a problem with our progress, feel free to support us. We accept patches!
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...