B75m-itx with i5-2400 and Nvidia GT730

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

kenobi

B75m-itx with i5-2400 and Nvidia GT730

Post by kenobi »

Hi,

great Project. So I wanted to test it on real Hardware.

Problems:

INSTALL: I build it from Source and since I dont have a CD Drive, I had to install with Virtual Box and HDD passthrough. After the first boot in VirtualBox I installed tightvnc for access over network. PS: You can interchange whether you want to boot on real hardware or VirtualBox.

LAN: I had to download the Driver from the Realtek Website and included it in the Build (http://www.reactos.de/wiki/Install_a_dr ... stallation). It works, I can use VNC to access the PC when booting on real hardware.

Audio: I hat to delete the following files: hdaudbus.sys hdaudbus.inf otherwise there would be a BSOD

USB: installed inf driver, but nor mouse or keyboard is working. During boot keyboard works, I can select Reactos from the boot menu. During boot the Mouse Lights(steelseries frost blue) go dark.

GPU: cant install Nvidia 368.81XP Driver. Breaks with an error Message. Monitor works with the standard driver provided by ReactOS.

CPU: Hardware Manager shows 8 CPUs! Should be 4

Question: are there any solutions to the USB Problem?
dizt3mp3r

Re: B75m-itx with i5-2400 and Nvidia GT730

Post by dizt3mp3r »

USB is still being worked upon, have a look at number 1 link in my signature.

Which version of reactOS are you using, the daily build?

IT might be wise to provide the full specs of your machine.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
kenobi

Post by kenobi »

thanks for the fast feedback.

I build reactos myself with lan drivers included.

USB Feedback:

boot doesnt hang when mouse and keyboard are plugged in. So thats progress :-)

I thought it was possible to use only USB 1 not 2 or 3.

Is there a version tree with a bleeding edge usb stack?
I would like to try it out.
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Apologies, I didn't take in the fact that you've been building yourself. It is unusual for testers to build their own.

The information regarding how soon the recent USB work will become available or make it into the main tree (it could even be there already) will have to come from someone else I am afraid.

There are various pages on this site describing which are the supported USB devices but they are all out of date now. The situation with regard to USB is better than it has ever been but you may just be testing on real hardware at slightly the wrong time. Be aware, it will improve.

Watch this thread, someone is likely to respond in a day or so.

See here:

https://www.reactos.org/news?page=1 (up to date and recent)
https://www.reactos.org/wiki/Supported_USB_Devices (out of date)
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
oldman

Post by oldman »

kenobi wrote: I thought it was possible to use only USB 1 not 2 or 3.
"ReactOS currently ships with drivers for USB 1.x (OHCI/UHCI) and USB 2.x (EHCI) controllers only."

"USBXHCI driver for supporting USB 3.x controllers" is a GSoC project; The latest blog post about it is here
kenobi wrote: Is there a version tree with a bleeding edge usb stack?
I would like to try it out.
You may be interested in following the progress of this JIRA Issue

If there is any usable working code, you should find it here
You may first want to look here, it is the full GSoC_2017 usbxhci branch.

Give us some feed-back, if you try the usbxhci.
dizt3mp3r wrote: It is unusual for testers to build their own.
I disagree; yes, the majority do use pre-built ISOs, but there are still people that do build their own ISOs. I have, occasionally done so!
Please keep the Windows classic 9x/2000 look and feel.
The layman's guides - debugging - bug reporting - compiling - ISO remaster.
They may help you with a problem, so do have a look at them.
kenobi

Post by kenobi »

I cant compile the GSoC_2017 usbxhci branch.

Code: Select all

[1/8210] Performing build step for 'host-tools'
ninja: no work to do.

[2/3363] cmd.exe /C "cd /D C:\Users\kenobi\Downloads\usbxhci\reactos\output-MinGW-i386\boot && C:\Users\kenobi\Downloads\usbxhci\reactos\output-MinGW-i386\host-tools\fatten.exe C:/Users/kenobi/Downloads/usbxhci/reactos/output-MinGW-i386/boot/efisys.bin -format 2880 EFIBOOT -boot C:/Users/kenobi/Downloads/usbxhci/reactos/output-MinGW-i386/boot/freeldr/bootsect/fat.bin -mkdir EFI -mkdir EFI/BOOT -add C:/Users/kenobi/Downloads/usbxhci/reactos/output-MinGW-i386/boot/environ/bootmgfw.efi EFI/BOOT/bootia32.efi"
[3/3363] Building C object drivers/usb/usbxhci/CMakeFiles/usbxhci.dir/usbxhci.c.obj
FAILED: drivers/usb/usbxhci/CMakeFiles/usbxhci.dir/usbxhci.c.obj 
C:\PROGRA~2\RosBE\i386\bin\gcc.exe  -DDBG=1 -DKDBG=1 -DNTDDI_VERSION=NTDDI_WS03SP1 -DUSE_COMPILER_EXCEPTIONS -DWINVER=0x502 -D_M_IX86 -D_SEH_ENABLE_TRACE -D_SETUPAPI_VER=0x502 -D_USE_32BIT_TIME_T -D_USE_PSEH3=1 -D_WIN32_IE=0x600 -D_WIN32_WINDOWS=0x502 -D_WIN32_WINNT=0x502 -D_X86_ -D__REACTOS__ -D__i386__ -D_inline=__inline -Di386 -Dusbxhci_EXPORTS -Wa,--compress-debug-sections -pipe -fms-extensions -fno-strict-aliasing -nostdinc -mstackrealign -Wold-style-declaration -Wdeclaration-after-statement -fdebug-prefix-map="C:\Users\kenobi\Downloads\usbxhci\reactos"=ReactOS -gdwarf-2 -gstrict-dwarf -femit-struct-debug-detailed=none -feliminate-unused-debug-symbols -march=pentium -mtune=i686 -Werror -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wno-char-subscripts -Wno-multichar -Wno-unused-value -Wno-maybe-uninitialized -O1 -fno-optimize-sibling-calls -fno-omit-frame-pointer -mpreferred-stack-boundary=3 -fno-set-stack-executable -Winvalid-pch -Werror=invalid-pch -Idrivers/usb/usbxhci -I../drivers/usb/usbxhci -I../sdk/include -I../sdk/include/psdk -I../sdk/include/dxsdk -Isdk/include -Isdk/include/psdk -Isdk/include/dxsdk -Isdk/include/ddk -Isdk/include/reactos -Isdk/include/reactos/mc -I../sdk/include/crt -I../sdk/include/ddk -I../sdk/include/ndk -I../sdk/include/reactos -I../sdk/include/reactos/libs   -include C:/Users/kenobi/Downloads/usbxhci/reactos/output-MinGW-i386/drivers/usb/usbxhci/usbxhci_pch.h -MMD -MT drivers/usb/usbxhci/CMakeFiles/usbxhci.dir/usbxhci.c.obj -MF drivers/usb/usbxhci/CMakeFiles/usbxhci.dir/usbxhci.c.obj.d -o drivers/usb/usbxhci/CMakeFiles/usbxhci.dir/usbxhci.c.obj -c ../drivers/usb/usbxhci/usbxhci.c
../drivers/usb/usbxhci/usbxhci.c: In function 'XHCI_QueryEndpointRequirements':

../drivers/usb/usbxhci/usbxhci.c:47:5: error: ISO C90 forbids mixed declarations and code [-Werror=declaration-after-statement]

../drivers/usb/usbxhci/usbxhci.c: In function 'XHCI_ControllerWorkTest':

../drivers/usb/usbxhci/usbxhci.c:274:5: error: ISO C90 forbids mixed declarations and code [-Werror=declaration-after-statement]

../drivers/usb/usbxhci/usbxhci.c:283:5: error: 'for' loop initial declarations are only allowed in C99 mode

../drivers/usb/usbxhci/usbxhci.c:283:5: note: use option -std=c99 or -std=gnu99 to compile your code

../drivers/usb/usbxhci/usbxhci.c: In function 'XHCI_InitializeResources':

../drivers/usb/usbxhci/usbxhci.c:363:5: error: ISO C90 forbids mixed declarations and code [-Werror=declaration-after-statement]

../drivers/usb/usbxhci/usbxhci.c:404:5: error: 'for' loop initial declarations are only allowed in C99 mode

../drivers/usb/usbxhci/usbxhci.c:420:5: error: ISO C90 forbids mixed declarations and code [-Werror=declaration-after-statement]

../drivers/usb/usbxhci/usbxhci.c:425:5: error: ISO C90 forbids mixed declarations and code [-Werror=declaration-after-statement]

../drivers/usb/usbxhci/usbxhci.c:428:30: error: 'XHCI_GENERIC_TRB' has no member named 'RsvdZ1'

../drivers/usb/usbxhci/usbxhci.c:473:13: error: redefinition of 'i'

../drivers/usb/usbxhci/usbxhci.c:404:13: note: previous definition of 'i' was here

../drivers/usb/usbxhci/usbxhci.c:473:5: error: 'for' loop initial declarations are only allowed in C99 mode

../drivers/usb/usbxhci/usbxhci.c:493:5: error: ISO C90 forbids mixed declarations and code [-Werror=declaration-after-statement]

../drivers/usb/usbxhci/usbxhci.c:496:5: error: ISO C90 forbids mixed declarations and code [-Werror=declaration-after-statement]

../drivers/usb/usbxhci/usbxhci.c:513:5: error: ISO C90 forbids mixed declarations and code [-Werror=declaration-after-statement]

../drivers/usb/usbxhci/usbxhci.c:528:14: error: redefinition of 'i'

../drivers/usb/usbxhci/usbxhci.c:473:13: note: previous definition of 'i' was here

../drivers/usb/usbxhci/usbxhci.c:528:5: error: 'for' loop initial declarations are only allowed in C99 mode

../drivers/usb/usbxhci/usbxhci.c:365:12: error: variable 'BaseIoAdress' set but not used [-Werror=unused-but-set-variable]

../drivers/usb/usbxhci/usbxhci.c: In function 'XHCI_InitializeHardware':

../drivers/usb/usbxhci/usbxhci.c:542:5: error: ISO C90 forbids mixed declarations and code [-Werror=declaration-after-statement]

../drivers/usb/usbxhci/usbxhci.c: In function 'XHCI_StartController':

../drivers/usb/usbxhci/usbxhci.c:607:5: error: ISO C90 forbids mixed declarations and code [-Werror=declaration-after-statement]

../drivers/usb/usbxhci/usbxhci.c: In function 'XHCI_StopController':

../drivers/usb/usbxhci/usbxhci.c:711:5: error: ISO C90 forbids mixed declarations and code [-Werror=declaration-after-statement]

../drivers/usb/usbxhci/usbxhci.c: In function 'XHCI_ResumeController':

../drivers/usb/usbxhci/usbxhci.c:749:5: error: ISO C90 forbids mixed declarations and code [-Werror=declaration-after-statement]

../drivers/usb/usbxhci/usbxhci.c: In function 'XHCI_InterruptService':

../drivers/usb/usbxhci/usbxhci.c:770:5: error: ISO C90 forbids mixed declarations and code [-Werror=declaration-after-statement]

../drivers/usb/usbxhci/usbxhci.c: In function 'XHCI_EnableInterrupts':

../drivers/usb/usbxhci/usbxhci.c:910:5: error: ISO C90 forbids mixed declarations and code [-Werror=declaration-after-statement]

../drivers/usb/usbxhci/usbxhci.c:911:12: error: variable 'OperationalRegs' set but not used [-Werror=unused-but-set-variable]

../drivers/usb/usbxhci/usbxhci.c: In function 'XHCI_DisableInterrupts':

../drivers/usb/usbxhci/usbxhci.c:936:5: error: ISO C90 forbids mixed declarations and code [-Werror=declaration-after-statement]

../drivers/usb/usbxhci/usbxhci.c:937:12: error: variable 'OperationalRegs' set but not used [-Werror=unused-but-set-variable]

../drivers/usb/usbxhci/usbxhci.c: In function 'XHCI_PollController':

../drivers/usb/usbxhci/usbxhci.c:963:12: error: variable 'OperationalRegs' set but not used [-Werror=unused-but-set-variable]

cc1.exe: all warnings being treated as errors

[4/3363] Building C object drivers/usb/usbxhci/CMakeFiles/usbxhci.dir/roothub.c.obj
FAILED: drivers/usb/usbxhci/CMakeFiles/usbxhci.dir/roothub.c.obj 
C:\PROGRA~2\RosBE\i386\bin\gcc.exe  -DDBG=1 -DKDBG=1 -DNTDDI_VERSION=NTDDI_WS03SP1 -DUSE_COMPILER_EXCEPTIONS -DWINVER=0x502 -D_M_IX86 -D_SEH_ENABLE_TRACE -D_SETUPAPI_VER=0x502 -D_USE_32BIT_TIME_T -D_USE_PSEH3=1 -D_WIN32_IE=0x600 -D_WIN32_WINDOWS=0x502 -D_WIN32_WINNT=0x502 -D_X86_ -D__REACTOS__ -D__i386__ -D_inline=__inline -Di386 -Dusbxhci_EXPORTS -Wa,--compress-debug-sections -pipe -fms-extensions -fno-strict-aliasing -nostdinc -mstackrealign -Wold-style-declaration -Wdeclaration-after-statement -fdebug-prefix-map="C:\Users\kenobi\Downloads\usbxhci\reactos"=ReactOS -gdwarf-2 -gstrict-dwarf -femit-struct-debug-detailed=none -feliminate-unused-debug-symbols -march=pentium -mtune=i686 -Werror -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wno-char-subscripts -Wno-multichar -Wno-unused-value -Wno-maybe-uninitialized -O1 -fno-optimize-sibling-calls -fno-omit-frame-pointer -mpreferred-stack-boundary=3 -fno-set-stack-executable -Winvalid-pch -Werror=invalid-pch -Idrivers/usb/usbxhci -I../drivers/usb/usbxhci -I../sdk/include -I../sdk/include/psdk -I../sdk/include/dxsdk -Isdk/include -Isdk/include/psdk -Isdk/include/dxsdk -Isdk/include/ddk -Isdk/include/reactos -Isdk/include/reactos/mc -I../sdk/include/crt -I../sdk/include/ddk -I../sdk/include/ndk -I../sdk/include/reactos -I../sdk/include/reactos/libs   -include C:/Users/kenobi/Downloads/usbxhci/reactos/output-MinGW-i386/drivers/usb/usbxhci/usbxhci_pch.h -MMD -MT drivers/usb/usbxhci/CMakeFiles/usbxhci.dir/roothub.c.obj -MF drivers/usb/usbxhci/CMakeFiles/usbxhci.dir/roothub.c.obj.d -o drivers/usb/usbxhci/CMakeFiles/usbxhci.dir/roothub.c.obj -c ../drivers/usb/usbxhci/roothub.c
../drivers/usb/usbxhci/roothub.c: In function 'XHCI_RH_GetRootHubData':

../drivers/usb/usbxhci/roothub.c:15:5: error: ISO C90 forbids mixed declarations and code [-Werror=declaration-after-statement]

../drivers/usb/usbxhci/roothub.c: In function 'XHCI_RH_SetFeaturePortReset':

../drivers/usb/usbxhci/roothub.c:185:5: error: ISO C90 forbids mixed declarations and code [-Werror=declaration-after-statement]

../drivers/usb/usbxhci/roothub.c: In function 'XHCI_RH_SetFeaturePortPower':

../drivers/usb/usbxhci/roothub.c:210:5: error: ISO C90 forbids mixed declarations and code [-Werror=declaration-after-statement]

../drivers/usb/usbxhci/roothub.c: In function 'XHCI_RH_ClearFeaturePortEnable':

../drivers/usb/usbxhci/roothub.c:250:5: error: ISO C90 forbids mixed declarations and code [-Werror=declaration-after-statement]

../drivers/usb/usbxhci/roothub.c: In function 'XHCI_RH_ClearFeaturePortConnectChange':

../drivers/usb/usbxhci/roothub.c:312:5: error: ISO C90 forbids mixed declarations and code [-Werror=declaration-after-statement]

../drivers/usb/usbxhci/roothub.c: In function 'XHCI_RH_ClearFeaturePortResetChange':

../drivers/usb/usbxhci/roothub.c:338:5: error: ISO C90 forbids mixed declarations and code [-Werror=declaration-after-statement]

[5/3363] Building RC object drivers/wdm/audio/backpln/portcls/CMakeFiles/portcls.dir/portcls.rc.obj
[6/3363] Linking CXX shared library drivers\usb\usbuhci\usbuhci.sys
[7/3363] Building CXX object drivers/wdm/audio/backpln/portcls/CMakeFiles/portcls.dir/guid.cpp.obj
[8/3363] Building CXX object drivers/wdm/audio/backpln/portcls/portcls_pch.h.gch
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
oldman

Post by oldman »

I have tried and failed. It is a working branch; and from time to time I see in JIRA where the latest commit stops compilation and then gets fixed. So maybe it currently does not compile for the developer, or we are doing something wrong.

My revision is 75624, it may be the same as yours (I do not know if each commit, updates the number in a branch, as it does in trunk).
C:/ros-usb/usbbranch/reactos/drivers/usb/usbxhci/roothub.c:338:5: error: ISO C90
forbids mixed declarations and code [-Werror=declaration-after-statement]
[5488/9122] Building CXX object driver...r/CMakeFiles/cmipci.dir/common.cpp.obj
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
Well it was worth a try!
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

I am very sure that the code is made on MSVC right now and has no GCC fixes yet.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
oldman

Post by oldman »

kenobi wrote:I cant compile the GSoC_2017 usbxhci branch.
The branch has now been updated and will compile!

I have successfully compiled revision 75650, but when I tried to run the livecd on this computer, it still stops as usual, at "loading hive" (nothing to do with the usbxhci branch).

If anyone wants to test USB3, then it is easy to compile the GSoC_2017 usbxhci branch. There are instructions in A layman's guide; just substitute the main svn trunk with the GSoC_2017 usbxhci branch.
kenobi

Post by kenobi »

usbxhci.sys is only available on the cd. It will not copied to harddisk.

error:

Code: Select all

can't load boot driver System32\drivers\usbxhci.sys
oldman

Post by oldman »

See the final blog post here
https://www.reactos.org/blogs/gsoc-xhci ... submission

It is not 100% implemented yet, according to the blog post, so we will have to watch for further developments.