Benefits of GitHub?

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

val

Re: Benefits of GitHub?

Post by val »

thank you. it was refreshing and fun to read about that. seems like they have over"diversified" themselves a little. it's hilarious to see how they supposedly fight "inequality" with methods sounding like blatant racists' ones from years ago. maybe "white women" should take over on that mission to do it right? haha.
jimtabor
Developer

Post by jimtabor »

PurpleGurl wrote:OT: Since I aroused curiosity, here are some links:

http://www.businessinsider.com/github-t ... ory-2016-2

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/02/0 ... sity-team/

Look at the presentation list. The first and last items come across as offensive to me.

It seems they started out erring in the other direction where the code that was allowed and the atmosphere was allegedly sexist and racist.

https://gizmodo.com/5980842/there-is-bl ... ithub-code

And if you search, you'll find more.
Yeap! I think GitHub'ed does not believe in US EEO Laws. Due to loosely written rules, could end up listed as a Terrorist Organization once the Obomanites are purged from the US JSC system.
Konata

Post by Konata »

Just be careful of github trolls, there's been a group of extremists going around spamming/harassing various projects to adopted their own terms that basically say you're not allowed to say anything "offensive" anywhere online or else you get purged from the project. I know the ReactOS team is too smart for it, but just a fair warning.
I don't mind GitHub has a project host too much, but there's a lot of stupid people who treat it more like a social networking service.
oldman

Post by oldman »

ctasan wrote:
hbelusca wrote:One major pitfall however: one very-long term core developer seems to leave the project. :o :(
Eric Kohl? I'll be really sad if he leaves...
It did look, some days ago, like he was leaving, but Eric Kohl is still making commits!
Please keep the Windows classic 9x/2000 look and feel.
The layman's guides - debugging - bug reporting - compiling - ISO remaster.
They may help you with a problem, so do have a look at them.
ctasan

Post by ctasan »

oldman wrote:
ctasan wrote:
hbelusca wrote:One major pitfall however: one very-long term core developer seems to leave the project. :o :(
Eric Kohl? I'll be really sad if he leaves...
It did look, some days ago, like he was leaving, but Eric Kohl is still making commits!
Noticed this, took a deep breath.
ReactOS Community Changelogs | Admin of ReactOS Official Twitter Account | Admin of ReactOS Turkish Twitter Account @reactos_tr
jimtabor
Developer

Post by jimtabor »

Things to remember with git,

Conflicted pull,

git stash
git pull
git stash pop