Fonts in ReactOS

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

swstlk

Fonts in ReactOS

Post by swstlk »

Can reactos work well with .ttf fonts? I read somewhere that it uses freetype.
karlexceed

Re: Fonts in ReactOS

Post by karlexceed »

Yep, all of the fonts in C:\ReactOS\Fonts are TTF. I just tried installing a free TTF from the web, and it worked as expected.
middings

Post by middings »

swstlk wrote:Can reactos work well with .ttf fonts? I read somewhere that it uses freetype.
You could have answered your own question by going to the freetype.org home page then looking around. I suggest choosing the Overview link instead of slogging through the Documentation. There it is, under the second heading on the Opage, "Features": "FreeType supports the following font formats" and "TrueType fonts" is on the list.

Or you could have done what karlexceed did and tried a TrueType (TTF) font with ReactOS to see what would happen.

Don't Be Helpless is good advice.
ROCKNROLLKID

Post by ROCKNROLLKID »

middings wrote:
swstlk wrote:Can reactos work well with .ttf fonts? I read somewhere that it uses freetype.
You could have answered your own question by going to the freetype.org home page then looking around. I suggest choosing the Overview link instead of slogging through the Documentation. There it is, under the second heading on the Opage, "Features": "FreeType supports the following font formats" and "TrueType fonts" is on the list.

Or you could have done what karlexceed did and tried a TrueType (TTF) font with ReactOS to see what would happen.

Don't Be Helpless is good advice.
I think he was asking if it worked in ReactOS or if it is buggy or something, not if Freetype supported it.
middings

Post by middings »

Let's let swstlk tell us what swstlk was asking.