Home page feedback / comments

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

dizt3mp3r

Re: Home page feedback / comments

Post by dizt3mp3r »

:)
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Back to topic please ^^
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
ThFabba
Developer

Post by ThFabba »

middings wrote:At present the code runs single-threaded although there are portions written with multi-threading in mind for the future.
Since this sounds confusing to me, let me clarify: ROS has a fully-fledged scheduler, and everything in the NT kernel (and thus in ROS's kernel) is asynchronous and concurrent by its very nature. So it is by all means multi-threaded, it just doesn't use multiple processors or processor cores (uniprocessor kernel).
Murmur

Post by Murmur »

I am just happy that the website isn't the old version...that thing was really bad.
middings

Post by middings »

Thank you ThFabba for catching and correcting my mistake. I realized that ReactOS must already be multi-threaded in order to reproduce Microsoft Windows NT behaviors as well as it presently does. By the time I realized my error your sharp eye had already caught my mistake.