No posts at all in the last 24 hours

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

learn_more
Developer

Re: No posts at all in the last 24 hours

Post by learn_more »

erkinalp wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:06 pm The forum was silent, therefore I have thought important server or community issues exist.
EmuandCo wrote:Can someone please explain me the use of this topic please?
On a regular PHPbb board, you would see thousands of posts a day and it is interesting that we have not at all, for a full day. Community should grow a bit, though. We are constantly jumping between cats and dogs of spam and no posts at all for days.
'a regular phpbb board'

wtf?

how on earth does the type of bulletin board used relate to the size of the community?
erkinalp

Post by erkinalp »

Good software engineering. When you like an engineering marvel so much that you reproduce it in your free time, you are expected to know basic engineering behind it. For example, Windows NT(tm) is multi-user, multi-tasking, client-server. You will not use DOS in case Windows XP is needed. Same thing goes for discussion software. Our forum has just enough traffic that it would be very well performing on the mailing list. Wait, we already have an ML. This forum could be archived and discussions could be redirected to the mailing list and IRC channel.
-uses Ubuntu+GNOME 3 GNU/Linux
-likes Free (as in freedom) and Open Source Detergents
-favors open source of Windows 10 under GPL2
binarymaster

Post by binarymaster »

There are many ReactOS chat rooms, both official and not (including IRC, Telegram and Discord), where people flood with their messages all day, so there is no need to spam on forum. :lol:
PurpleGurl

Post by PurpleGurl »

But what about spammers with principles who want to be thorough? ;-)
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

erkinalp wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:07 pm Good software engineering. When you like an engineering marvel so much that you reproduce it in your free time, you are expected to know basic engineering behind it. For example, Windows NT(tm) is multi-user, multi-tasking, client-server. You will not use DOS in case Windows XP is needed. Same thing goes for discussion software. Our forum has just enough traffic that it would be very well performing on the mailing list. Wait, we already have an ML. This forum could be archived and discussions could be redirected to the mailing list and IRC channel.
First you lament about no posts in 24 hrs, now you demand the forum to be archived!? And believe it or not, we decide to remove the forum or not and NOT you. If you think it's useless, noone forces you to join here. It's up to YOU to come here. And now this thread gets useful or I just lock it down. This one will start to become a pithole of hate sooner or later and this time I will not wait until it happened.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...