The Update Framework on ReactOS

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

feldrim

The Update Framework on ReactOS

Post by feldrim »

When I tried ReactOS first, I checked the update function because it was the first thing when I log on to a computer. I always want to keep my machine updated. But I couldn't manage it. It might be because I am new to it or it's the ReactOS.

Then I checked out the wiki page and see that update is a bit lost the track. So I just wanted to ask if The Update Framework, or TUF ( https://github.com/theupdateframework/TUF) is ok for ReactOS. Would it be OK as a part of the system?
EmuandCo
Developer

Re: The Update Framework on ReactOS

Post by EmuandCo »

There are many of these update systems for Windows. Chocolatey for example is another. You can install whatever you want and try if it works on ROS, but in current Alpha state I fear we have more urgent problems than a updater.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
feldrim

Re: The Update Framework on ReactOS

Post by feldrim »

Thank you for the answer. I was wondering about updating ReactOS kernel, not the applications working on ReactOS. So Chocolatey is not an option there. I was more enthusiastic about the ReactOS Update mechanism and -although it's not one of the top 5 priorities- wanted to note it down for future.