status of the ext2 filesystem driver

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

logan_V8

status of the ext2 filesystem driver

Post by logan_V8 »

Hi!,
yes i know that many people out there are busy enough thinking about what will happen with the project but i was wondering in what status the ReactOS ext2 filesystem driver was before all this happened. I have done a search in the forum and a topic from 2004 appeared saying that filip had a "usable" driver. At least, the ext2 driver sources that came with ReactOS 0.2.9 didn't seemed very "usable".
From what i know (not much, i'm learning) the SEH was (or is?) the only thing preventing another 3rd party FS NT drivers from working with ReactOS (Manoj Paul Joseph and Matt Wu drivers).
Sorry if this was asked too many times here and if this had been said before. At least i know that the Matt Wu driver was already mentioned in another post.

regards,
Logan_V8

Matt Wu driver
http://ext2fsd.sourceforge.net/projects ... tm#ext2fsd
Manoj Paul Joseph driver
http://freesourcecodes.tripod.com/ext2.htm

PS: Developers please don't give up on ReactOS. I still remember when ReactOS only loaded a buggy gui application... ReactOS has progressed a lot since. Its just amazing to see ReactOS running explorer. I hope that the dream of a free Win$$$$ implementation has just (re)started!.
BrandonTurner
Developer

Post by BrandonTurner »

The cache manager is what is holding this driver up. Hartmut, who no longer appears to be part of ROS and Filip, who is quite busy, are the ones working on the cache manager rewrite. Probably going to be a while it gets done.
logan_V8

Post by logan_V8 »

i think that we must wait until the cache manager rewrite is complete :(

thanks for your clear answer :)

regards,
Logan_V8