Can Virtualbox be installed inside ReactOS?

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

VictorFrankl

Can Virtualbox be installed inside ReactOS?

Post by VictorFrankl » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:04 pm

A conversation with Kate Fillion about Table tennis

Matthew Syed, two-time Olympian, was ranked Britain's number one table tennis player for a decade and won the Commonwealth championship three times. Named British sportswriter of the year in 2008, the Times reporter (and aspiring politician) asserts in Bounce: Mozart, Federer, Picasso, Beckham, along with the Science of Success that natural ability has very little to do with higher achievement.

Q At the 2000 Olympics you had a good shot at a medal. What happened?

A: I know table tennis isn't big in North America, but it is a very big game in the U.K., with 30,000 paid-up members of their governing body and more than two million regular participants. And my whole life, really, was directed at competing efficiently at the Olympics. But when I got out there, I could hardly hit the ball. All those intricate skills I'd built up over years of purposeful training deserted me in a millisecond and also for the duration of the game. I had been very badly beaten.
For more information about Table tennis types, check out our site: http://pingpongclan.com/how-to-hold-a-p ... or-newbie/

Q: What causes a choke?

A: When we're novices, producing the neural framework for any sort of complicated task--hitting a golf ball or kicking a soccer or singing or dancing--we need to exert conscious command to find out the skill because it's unfamiliar. Neuroscientists have discovered that as you are building up a skill, your prefrontal cortex is very activated. But more than a hours of practice, the ability becomes encoded in implicit memory, and also regions within the brain like the basal ganglia become more effective. So novices utilize an explicit system where they focus on the actual mechanics of doing the job, while expert performers operate implicitly, and can focus on anything else, like tactics. Choking happens when a celebrity is under a lot of pressure that he thinks,"Oh God, I have to be sure that I play this forehand well," and instead of just doing it, he starts to exert conscious control and the neurophysiology is dramatically changed. You are nearly playing like a beginner again, working from the explicit system in place of the implicit system. You're trying to hit the ball, rather than just hitting it.

Q: How can you prevent choking?

A: According to the psychologist I worked with, and it makes intuitive sense, you pretend to yourself that what you're doing doesn't actually matter. Because if it does not matter, you are not likely to attempt to exert conscious control. But after a choke starts, it seems to be an inexorable slide. Since Sydney, I've watched sports with a true eye on this, and I have hardly ever seen somebody come back.

Q: As a spectator seeing an athlete lose, I usually conclude that another player only has more inborn ability. Why is it that so a lot people think"the talent myth"?

A: It fits into the familiar old Darwinian story: individuals who do have a superior genetic inheritance. Yet if you look at the scientific evidence, where you wind up in a field bears no relation whatsoever to your initial endowment and can be made by the quality and amount of your practice. Psychologist Anders Ericsson has proven that the difference between exceptional performers and everybody else is they practise more.

Q: The majority of us put in a great deal of practice at a thing: parenting, state , or our jobs. Why are not we super-achievers?

A: It has to be purposeful training, with the right level of attention, and you've got to be extending your limitations and receiving great training with rigorous opinions, or you are not likely to improve. I have pushed for thousands of hours but I'm not a world-class driver, because when I drive, I am listening to the radio and wondering what to have for dinner. But when I play table tennis, I am pushing myself, always, just outside my limits. That is not particularly comfortable. I'm concentrating as hard as I am; I have a camera trained on me so that I could get feedback by viewing the video later; I have got the best trainer in the world seeing --so that you just keep getting better and better. Ericsson pointed out that the most amazing thing about expertise is that the capacity of"ordinary" people to just keep improving with practice.

Q: But doesn't the athlete who starts out with more natural ability, which is at least partially genetically determined, have another advantage?

A: Genes are related to initial ability. It is possible to view, for instance, that some children are much better than others when they first pick up a ball. But the evidence demonstrates that over many tens of thousands of hours, that initial disparity just doesn't matter. What actually alerted me to a fundamental issue with the idea that success is all about natural talent is that I grew up on Silverdale Road in Reading, roughly as anonymous a street as you can imagine, and in the early 1980s that tiny road contained more of the top table tennis players at the United Kingdom compared to the rest of the nation combined. There wasn't any genetic mutation that occurred only for individuals living on Silverdale Road. We just had access to better opportunities-most significantly, the chance to practise at a facility which has been open round the clock and get very advanced training in the best trainer in the nation, who taught at our local primary school. Our genetic inheritance did not matter, as after a number of years, all people who lived on this street found ourselves to be very new men and women, with bodies and brains sculpted from the training and practice.

Q: How can practice sculpt the mind?

A The importance of myelin, an insulating substance that wraps around nerve pathways and helps neural signals travel quicker, is a hot new topic in neuroscience. In one experiment, the brains of concert pianists were scanned and there was an immediate connection between hours practised and the number of myelin. Purposeful practice also creates new neural connections and increases the size of particular regions of the brain. For instance, there's proof to show that the region of the brain responsible for spatial navigation is bigger in London taxi drivers, who have to pass an extremely difficult test to get a licence. Two things seem to be happening: it is as though you download software that contains specific understanding, and that very process of downloading appears to alter the hardware, the physical geometry of the mind.

Q: But that software does not improve performance in different locations. For example, in 2005 you played an ancient form of tennis with a harder ball and distinct techniques against Roger Federer, and he can hardly hit the ball. Why was his reaction time so slow?

A: When we see elite athletes returning a crush, we assume they've instincts or Reactions that they have been created with that are quicker than ours. The proof Shows that's not the situation. What experts in tennis or chess or some other discipline Have is the ability to perceive patterns in their given area of endeavour, That enables them to expect far better than other people but it does not Transfer to some other area, because it's not an overall talent but a particular Art built up through years and years of training. Psychologists call it "chunking." Consider studying: when a term flashes on a screen you do not Have to examine each letter--you just recognize the sequence, the pattern. And The further you read, the easier it becomes to chunk words. But if someone flashes A random assortment of consonants, you can't chunk them because the pattern Is not recognizable. Athletes develop years of experience with the "speech," as it were, of their particular sport. For Instance, In table tennis, when I see somebody Shaping up to play a forehand smash, because of my long term experience watching People today smash, I'm in a position to infer from the movement pattern of my competitor where The ball will go, so I am currently in position to perform with my return. But that Ability to chunk is very specific to table tennis. The patterns are Totally distinct in tennis, in golf, in chess.
==> read more the site: http://pingpongnow.com/what-is-the-size ... ong-table/
Last edited by VictorFrankl on Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

karlexceed

Re: Can Virtualbox be installed inside ReactOS?

Post by karlexceed » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:21 pm

I've not had luck trying to install VBox in ROS; either the installer crashes or the application fails to launch. That said, I haven't tested with a latest build, 0.4.9 release was the last time I tried.