Question: Without any USB/PS2, How to bypass keyboard selection and automatically boot to desktop on LIVE CD?

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

zooshamu

Question: Without any USB/PS2, How to bypass keyboard selection and automatically boot to desktop on LIVE CD?

Post by zooshamu »

I need to auto run a win16/32 bat file to fix my corrupted BIOS update, which disabled all the USBs on motherboard. Now the pc will only boot from CD/DVD-ROM ONLY.

I've tested the exe and it works fine under reactos. But now I need to disable the keyboard selections and LIVE CD or install reactos screen, boot to the desktop and automatically execute the program, as I got no keyboard or mouse to select any options.
hbelusca
Developer

Re: Question: Without any USB/PS2, How to bypass keyboard selection and automatically boot to desktop on LIVE CD?

Post by hbelusca »

Before going further, what kind of BIOS update flasher tool is this? Does it work using a vendor NT driver that allows for flashing? Or is it some DOS application? Because if it's the latter, there is 0% chance it will actually do what it's supposed to do (flashing BIOS) from within ReactOS.
zooshamu

Re: Question: Without any USB/PS2, How to bypass keyboard selection and automatically boot to desktop on LIVE CD?

Post by zooshamu »

hbelusca wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:17 pm Before going further, what kind of BIOS update flasher tool is this? Does it work using a vendor NT driver that allows for flashing? Or is it some DOS application? Because if it's the latter, there is 0% chance it will actually do what it's supposed to do (flashing BIOS) from within ReactOS.
It's Ami BIOS flash tools,called safuwin.exe. I tried all the "MS" methods, from DOS 6.22 to Windows 10 pe, even freedos. All the dos version of afu tools couldn't recognize the BIOS, maybe due to some version lock thingy, the win7 and win10 PE just gave a blue screen.

The safuwin.exe is the one I used to "update" the BIOS, which is kind of my last hope. When I tested it on virtual machine, it did ran okay and gave me the wrong type of BIOS warning.