How Did U Find Out About ReactOS?

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

solemnwarning

How Did U Find Out About ReactOS?

Post by solemnwarning »

I Found Out From A PC Advisor Ad, The First Time I Read It I Wasnt That Interested But L8r I Was Board So I Looked At The Site, Grabbed The 1 Gig HDD I Had Been Using As A Coaster And Tried It :lol:
mf
Developer

Post by mf »

I was discussing alternative OSes with a friend, when he mentioned ReactOS. I checked the site, read some, and went on IRC, where 2-3 people were in the channel, had some fun with them, and left again :). Fast forward a year or two, I checked to see if ReactOS had been making any progress. I found out it most certainly had, went on IRC again (this time with quite a bit more users in the channel), discussed some, grabbed a livecd, and tested :).
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

The Captive NTFS Linux Driver is built with the help of ReactOS: http://www.jankratochvil.net/project/captive My brother told me about it, because I wanted NTFS Support in my Suse Linux. But he NEVER wanted that I'm interested in ReactOS, he hates it. He argues like many others, too. Why reprogramming f***ing Windows? He doesnt understand the easy answer: TO MAKE IT BETTER!!!
solemnwarning

Post by solemnwarning »

Emu&Co wrote:The Captive NTFS Linux Driver is built with the help of ReactOS: http://www.jankratochvil.net/project/captive My brother told me about it, because I wanted NTFS Support in my Suse Linux. But he NEVER wanted that I'm interested in ReactOS, he hates it. He argues like many others, too. Why reprogramming f***ing Windows? He doesnt understand the easy answer: TO MAKE IT BETTER!!!
And Free And Not Unstable Crap
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

YO!!! You're right.
Stof91

Post by Stof91 »

The first time i've heard about it was in an article on flexbeta.net :D
The release of v0.2.0 :)
Dr. Fred
Developer

Post by Dr. Fred »

solemnwarning wrote:Unstable Crap
In my mind Win (nt based) is a good OS. The only thing is that it is unfree.
Where do you want ReactOS to go today ?
A-v-S
Location: BAEK CITY (Beek, Limburg, The Netherlands, Europe, Earth)

Post by A-v-S »

Stof91 wrote:The first time i've heard about it was in an article on flexbeta.net :D
The release of v0.2.0 :)
Flexbeta... yes... that is where i read about ReactOS i think ...
"you laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same"

http://www.il.fontys.nl/~andre
HUMA2000

Post by HUMA2000 »

I found it one half year ago looking for free operating sistems to try on an old pc I had, and I have been interested on it since that moment.
Harteex

Post by Harteex »

I was first interested in SkyOS, but when they decided to go commercial I looked for a new OS, and found this on freeos.com iirc.
Headstrong

Post by Headstrong »

I also found reactOS quite a while ago, and poped back a few months ago and I am impressed with the work that has being put in.

my interest in reactOS is also for older/recyled computers.
A-v-S
Location: BAEK CITY (Beek, Limburg, The Netherlands, Europe, Earth)

Post by A-v-S »

Harteex wrote:I was first interested in SkyOS, but when they decided to go commercial I looked for a new OS, and found this on freeos.com iirc.
SkyOS .. i bought the beta membership for it... waiting for the next beta with firefox ...
"you laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same"

http://www.il.fontys.nl/~andre
uniQ

Post by uniQ »

It was a while ago... I honestly can't remember exactly how I found it. It was ver 0.2.0 I think, because I remember it took AGES to start up the 1st time. And now how far it's been...

-uniQ
Coming on, coming up, let me help ROS and I'll be able to look @ a life well used.
Gasmann

Post by Gasmann »

I don't know exactly how I found it, I think it was mentioned in some news of wine. I'm sure it was before 0.2.0 released. I already liked the cmd-only version 0.1.5 very much, however I couldn't really do much with it :wink:
BOT_ev

Post by BOT_ev »

I found out ReactOS Project in news on linux-bg.org, one year ago !!!