Question: Does this OS Natively support 2 or more mouse pointers at same time?

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Fartricht Vaughn Fredrichstein

Post by Fartricht Vaughn Fredrichstein »

Can I use a mouse with my right hand and a mouse with my left hand at the same time
and each of them have their own REAL (not fake) mouse pointer?
Is the OS coded in such a way as to allow this?

Or does it follow the same logic as Microsoft, how they only know how to use one hand at a time and think it is the same for the rest of us?
I want to be able to use multiple mouse pointers on any screen at any time. Is this possible? Obviously if windows are overlapping, the last mouse clicked would gain focus of whichever window its pointer was over. If it were on a window already in front of another, it would just click that window and not click through to the other window. I don't understand how it could be so much more difficult to code such functionality much more than only a single mouse into an OS. Someone please explain it to me.

P.S. *Read this part at your own discretion as it is not about ReactOS*
How to make 2 fake mouse pointers that the real mouse switches between when they move
(and the real pointer moves to whichever is moved last and/or is moving the fastest)
<I don't want that glitch where it drags the cutout selection box> work correctly in Windows 8?
hbelusca
Developer

Re: Question: Does this OS Natively support 2 or more mouse pointers at same time?

Post by hbelusca »

Short answer: No it doesn't.