Multiple Nvidia GPU's

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Dingo

Multiple Nvidia GPU's

Post by Dingo »

I am the founder of BOINC@AUSTRALIA a team that uses BOINC (Berkeley Open Infrastructure for Network Computing) application that runs on most platforms.

I am creating a multiple GPU, six GPU's rack and I was wondering if ReactOS could be used as the operating system ?

Has anyone used ReactOS with multiple GPU's ??

Cheers
Illen

Re: Multiple Nvidia GPU's

Post by Illen »

Dingo wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:12 pm I am creating a multiple GPU, six GPU's rack and I was wondering if ReactOS could be used as the operating system ?
No, OpenGL acceleration does not work with real hardware GPUs. Also, any recent NVidia driver would most likely fail to work anyways.
binarymaster

Post by binarymaster »

Dingo wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:12 pm I was wondering if ReactOS could be used as the operating system ?
Hello!

Not sure about GPU, but it will definitely work with CPU.

Some members of our community run BOINC daily on ReactOS, especially @encoded.
Dingo

Post by Dingo »

Illen wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:42 am
Dingo wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:12 pm I am creating a multiple GPU, six GPU's rack and I was wondering if ReactOS could be used as the operating system ?
No, OpenGL acceleration does not work with real hardware GPUs. Also, any recent NVidia driver would most likely fail to work anyways.
Thanks for the reply. Iwill have to use Win 10.
milon

Post by milon »

ReactOS isn't even Beta yet, so it's really not recommended for any kind of production environment. Or for risking any data that you don't have backed up. If it were me, I wouldn't use it for my main OS (yet!), but it's your call.

At the very least, test it on non-critical hardware *thoroughly* before you even consider relying on it.