Dear developers

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Reactions

Dear developers

Post by Reactions »

Dear developers,
Thank you for only giving me a temporary ban. I would like to discuss guidelines on pms, as part of my ban was for pm bombing. The reason why I sent more than one was because I never got a response for a long amount of time. I understand that you all are busy, but I still feel it's appropriate to give some type of reply. Please give clarification.
Thanks
Please support/share my Patreon! Helps so much! https://www.patreon.com/reactions
Quim

Re: Dear developers

Post by Quim »

Reactions wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:11 pm Dear developers,
Thank you for only giving me a temporary ban. I would like to discuss guidelines on pms, as part of my ban was for pm bombing. The reason why I sent more than one was because I never got a response for a long amount of time. I understand that you all are busy, but I still feel it's appropriate to give some type of reply. Please give clarification.
Thanks
As I think: to be part of ReactOS project, "overrreacting " is a "must have requirement". :lol:
Seriously "they" often overreact for almost everything.
There are some things that must change in ReactOS project with respect to dealing with people being polite and not overreacting for everything.
I suspect that is one of the main reasons that nobody is interesting in this project (if someone from the project could confirm that).

There are some examples of overreacting bad actitude, here in the forum.
Last edited by Quim on Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reactions

Post by Reactions »

I feel that the non board members sbould be allowed to vote. Like how the U.S.'s system is.
Please support/share my Patreon! Helps so much! https://www.patreon.com/reactions
shunesburg

Post by shunesburg »

I think the good think to do, it's choose the good words, take care of all written expression and checked the translation if English is not our language, but it's sometimes exhausting.
karlexceed

Post by karlexceed »

Reactions wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:15 pm I feel that the non board members sbould be allowed to vote.
Vote on what? How the German organization is run?

In the US, you can vote for politicians because you're a citizen of the country. You can vote at shareholder meetings if you own shares in a company. What would entitle people to vote on how ReactOS is run? Or would any random person from the internet be eligible? Should ROS 0.4.12 be codenamed ReactOS McReactOSface?
oldman

Post by oldman »

Post by Reactions » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:11 pm
Dear developers,
Thank you for only giving me a temporary ban.
I assume that you have been banned from Jira, seeing how you are still able to post into the Forum.

Jira is a bug reporting system and not a forum. You create an Issue, then leave it for the developers to pick it up or leave it.
The few times that there is a need for further input, is if you are asked by a developer to do something or after a period of time, you test again with a newer revision and give an update.

I have created over 100 Jira Issues in my time, some have been picked up straight away and dealt with, some have been commented on, then left alone, some have never even been commented on and remain unresolved.

If you have not been banned from Jira, then this post is still worthy of a read.
Please keep the Windows classic 9x/2000 look and feel.
The layman's guides - debugging - bug reporting - compiling - ISO remaster.
They may help you with a problem, so do have a look at them.
Reactions

Post by Reactions »

No, I was banned for 2 weeks from the Forum.
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Possibly a good idea not to spam the forum nor JIRA with issues nor attempting to sort out perceived ReactOS organisational issues when you are a noob.

My suggestion: If you can code then code. If you want to test then test and raise bugs. Stick around, don't annoy people by raising pointless issues, read the main posts on the forum and get an idea of how this place runs. Lay low for a while until you know the ropes and only contribute when you have something real to offer.

Most importantly, don't waste other's time and don't wind people up. Being banned is a big hint to lay low and that you might need to alter your forum/JIRA behaviour.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

karlexceed wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:25 pm Should ROS 0.4.12 be codenamed ReactOS McReactOSface?
It would probably be ReactOS Boaty-McBoatface, sad but true. People are sad. However, I'd vote for that too.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
Reactions

Post by Reactions »

karlexceed wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:25 pm
Reactions wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:15 pm I feel that the non board members sbould be allowed to vote.
Vote on what?
Umm, after consideration, that's an inefficient way of handling things. So nevermind.