Mouse works and browsing doesn't

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

PeterLinuxer

Mouse works and browsing doesn't

Post by PeterLinuxer »

Hi all ROSers,

1.) Just for the records: After I have plugged in the PS/2-USB adapter my mouse works fine. Maybe a worthy alternative for others until USB is ready? (But don't buy the normal USB plug - PS/2 socket adapters, it must be the other way round...)

2.) Either the network or iexplore.exe doesn't work. There is just an empty page in the browser. Also there is no start menu entry for iexplore.exe.

3.) And ReactOS keeps nagging about an unknown device (not specified further) and wants to install a driver for it every time it boots up. I guess that is actually correct behaviour?

Greetings
Peter Wiehe
ReactOS is in early development phase! And ReactOS is not Linux.
Reactions

Re: Mouse works and browsing doesn't

Post by Reactions »

That's probably because you need to install the required networking drivers. Just search for XP driver of your device.
Please support/share my Patreon! Helps so much! https://www.patreon.com/reactions
binarymaster

Post by binarymaster »

PeterLinuxer wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:47 pm 2.) Either the network or iexplore.exe doesn't work. There is just an empty page in the browser. Also there is no start menu entry for iexplore.exe.
There is no true Internet Explorer in ReactOS. I'd recommend to install any other browser from Application Manager.
PeterLinuxer wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:47 pm 3.) And ReactOS keeps nagging about an unknown device (not specified further) and wants to install a driver for it every time it boots up. I guess that is actually correct behaviour?
Yes this is normal. You can try to download XP/2003 drivers for all unrecognized devices, but some of them may crash the system. If everything you need already works, it's better not to install additional drivers.

Peter, I'd also suggest you to use ReactOS online chat (https://chat.reactos.org/), because creating a new forum thread each time seems a bit odd for me. :roll:
PeterLinuxer

Post by PeterLinuxer »

binarymaster wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:40 pm
PeterLinuxer wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:47 pm 2.) Either the network or iexplore.exe doesn't work. There is just an empty page in the browser. Also there is no start menu entry for iexplore.exe.
There is no true Internet Explorer in ReactOS. I'd recommend to install any other browser from Application Manager.
PeterLinuxer wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:47 pm 3.) And ReactOS keeps nagging about an unknown device (not specified further) and wants to install a driver for it every time it boots up. I guess that is actually correct behaviour?
Yes this is normal. You can try to download XP/2003 drivers for all unrecognized devices, but some of them may crash the system. If everything you need already works, it's better not to install additional drivers.

Peter, I'd also suggest you to use ReactOS online chat (https://chat.reactos.org/), because creating a new forum thread each time seems a bit odd for me. :roll:
Oh I wasn't aware that that was kind of odd. I will try out the chat.
ReactOS is in early development phase! And ReactOS is not Linux.
middings

Post by middings »

I suggest using the Support forum. Please raise only one issue per topic.