Should I install it?

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

dizt3mp3r

Re: Should I install it?

Post by dizt3mp3r »

No. Do not install on real hardware unless the machine and the data on it is not important. You must understand the risks. Read the installation instructions for ReactOS and read it well.

Tell us the hardware in detail so we can prove you are not a bot.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
florian

Re: Should I install it?

Post by florian »

It's 0.4.11 - and still apha!

Alpha
"The alpha phase of the release life cycle is the first phase to begin software testing (alpha is the first letter of the Greek alphabet, used as the number. In this phase, developers generally test the software using white-box techniques. Additional validation is then performed using black-box or gray-box techniques, by another testing team. Moving to black-box testing inside the organization is known as alpha release.

Alpha software can be unstable and could cause crashes or data loss. Alpha software may not contain all of the features that are planned for the final version. In general, external availability of alpha software is uncommon in proprietary software, while open source software often has publicly available alpha versions. The alpha phase usually ends with a feature freeze, indicating that no more features will be added to the software. At this time, the software is said to be feature complete." (See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_ ... ycle#Alpha)