Split: complain about mods and some users behavior

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

cb88

Split: complain about mods and some users behavior

Post by cb88 »

Getting completely bent out of shape over word choice and grammar, while threatening people with repercussions is not helpful.

I stop buy here every so often to see how things are progressing and 90% of the recent comments are with respect to moderators being overbearing with someone who's native language isn't English... it's ridiculous. Be a bit more thick skinned or you won't have much success in the world.
dizt3mp3r

Re: Switching the target to the NT 6.x kernel might save R&D time in the long run

Post by dizt3mp3r »

As you don't come here often, your opinion may not have the weight you think it has.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
EmuandCo
Developer

Re: Switching the target to the NT 6.x kernel might save R&D time in the long run

Post by EmuandCo »

Thread hijacking with a complain about members and mods is not the way to go too as you should know. That way you are the one causing trouble on intent.
You already did the right way by reporting me which I will keep open for a week hoping for another mod verifying it. Why breaking the rules too then?
Anyways... You did it, I will reply to it. I will even split it from the current topic!
Yes, some ppl here are grammar warriors and some push it to the limits of my manners and nerves too. But if someone comes here and before that had quite nice English skills and then demands things several times in a row, you will not think about flaws in language. I had several times ppl really demanded here and billions of other crap of humanity behaviors. Being forum mod improved my bad manner English skills by 1500% or even more. So just to be 100% sure you got that, warning the user or even temp. ban him is my JOB as mod or better, keep the discussions at a certain level following the rules. If it was incorrect in the end, so be it. When I go to France and buy food without the needed language skills and then get cooked snails instead of chocolate crepes, it's my fault too.

BTW, regardless of how often you come here, rules always have weight, same goes for following or not following them.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
DukeNukemCZ

Re: Split: complain about mods and some users behavior

Post by DukeNukemCZ »

i dont think its kind of necessary to react on his (Quim) posts from MODs/DEVs side, its not that bad.
Overall on most forums with larger communities its kind of normal too have few hundreds of demanding Quims :D
And whos know, maybe he is some kind of planetary medium, thats why he is speaking for others "WE"
shunesburg

Post by shunesburg »

cb88 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:46 pm I stop buy here every so often to see how things are progressing and 90% of the recent comments are with respect to moderators being overbearing with someone who's native language isn't English... it's ridiculous. Be a bit more thick skinned or you won't have much success in the world.
In one hand I'm agree with you it's sad, but on the other hand I think the problem should be solved if the people used their own language on the good section.
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

DukeNukemCZ wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:07 am hundreds of demanding Quims
Oh dear oh dear.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
cb88

Post by cb88 »

Well part of the problem is the signal to noise ratio gets so low.... I mean really I open up an interesting topic and it feels like half the posts are from mods telling people to speak english properly and or stay on topic :shock: ?

The opposite of course are popuplar tech disqus threads... where there is practically no moderation, it's a mad house where you just ban everyone that annoys you, so it isn't that I don't appreciate moderation, I just think it should be done with more moderation. :P

I've read this forum for many years, and Quim has been overbearing for the entirety of that time... most of the time he is absolutely right in his actions but ends up being rather noisey with this solutions to them.... if someone gets out of hand in a thread we don't need 5 more posts discussing that and an announcement of bannage... sheesh just ban the person immediately and let it move forward if the thread can even survive at all at that point.

I mean I don't think there is anythign left to say here either so if you don't mind a succinct closing of this thread would be appreciated! Only you can prevent off topic rants, I mean forest fires.