ReactOS 0.4.12 issue found

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

AzureZero

ReactOS 0.4.12 issue found

Post by AzureZero »

Hey
I've been following ReactOS for a while and have tried to use it with virtual machines and so far this one is the most stable version I've used.

Now I am seeing if ReactOS is compatible with programs a Company I'm with has made, and found an issue with the OS,
The system doesn't update disk space freed up when deleting files, as VMware is reporting that the hard disk is 3.6 GB used, but React is reporting nearly double that space used.
Now after some time in trying to fix it, I had to run the disk check which looks like it's frozen when running and reboot the ReactOS VM and now it seems to be tracking and updating the disk space as stuff is deleted.
But now the Root area of C seems to have doubles of every folder and file.....and the disk space calc is including the ghost doubles.....
It is using the Fat32 file system.
PurpleGurl

Re: ReactOS 0.4.12 issue found

Post by PurpleGurl »

You might want to try a different supported FS and see if the problem remains.
Quim

Post by Quim »

AzureZero wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:33 pm Hey
I've been following ReactOS for a while and have tried to use it with virtual machines and so far this one is the most stable version I've used.

Now I am seeing if ReactOS is compatible with programs a Company I'm with has made, and found an issue with the OS,
The system doesn't update disk space freed up when deleting files, as VMware is reporting that the hard disk is 3.6 GB used, but React is reporting nearly double that space used.
Now after some time in trying to fix it, I had to run the disk check which looks like it's frozen when running and reboot the ReactOS VM and now it seems to be tracking and updating the disk space as stuff is deleted.
But now the Root area of C seems to have doubles of every folder and file.....and the disk space calc is including the ghost doubles.....
It is using the Fat32 file system.
I also had the same problem. Use BtrFS filesystem instead.
Did you tried builds 0.4.14-dev to see if the problem still exists?
AzureZero

Post by AzureZero »

I'll give the BtrFS system a try when I got a moment to test the ReactOS again.

I didn't know I could access dev builds,
I might give the Dev builds a test, if I can spare the time.
middings

Post by middings »

Development (dev) builds are also called nightly builds. How to access development (dev) builds:
  1. Go to the front page (home page) of the ReactOS.org web site.
  2. Choose the "Download It" button near the top of the page. The "Download | ReactOS Project" page should appear.
  3. Scroll down this new page until the "Nightly Builds" section appears. Choose the button marked "Latest Build!" The "Download ReactOS Builds" page should appear.
  4. At least one .7z file should appear in the list marked "File name". Scroll down if necessary to view the list.
  5. Look for a file name that begins "reactos-bootcd" and ends with "gcc-lin-dbg.7z" This is a 7-Zip compression of a ReactOS Boot CD. The "gcc-lin-dbg" portion near the end of its name means that the file was built using the GCC compiler on a Linux This is the type of file normally used to install ReactOS on a PC.
  6. Download that file. Unzip the file with 7-zip or similar program.
  7. The unzipped file should be a .iso file. Burn the .iso file onto a new or fully erased CD using your copying software's .iso mode.