React OS = Your OS (react OS ads)

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Plasmar

Post by Plasmar »

bsod got you???
learn how to react....
ReactOS

:wink:
Cheers to the guys running this show... I'm gonna have a react box the second it gets tcp/ip..... maybe sooner :P
DJPC
uniQ

Post by uniQ »

As much as I (Actually do) like hearing civilized discussion about this topic, here are some slogans for the topic:

"More better then the grammar-checker used to write this!" Alt: "about it!"

"Re·act·O·S. Noun. A soon-to-be 64 AND 32Bit complete OS that can run 16Bit programs using 8Bit ISA cards while being 4 * 10 ^ 6Bits smaller then a certain OS* and wont cost you 2Bits** and runs down every Bit of competition on the road!"

* - I hope :D ;)

** - Inet/CD costs notwithstanding

"ReactOS 1.0.0! Now to make ReactOS Website 0.2.0!" :D ;) (Not serious, were @ like 0.3.0/0.4.0 now)

-uniQ
Coming on, coming up, let me help ROS and I'll be able to look @ a life well used.
azeemarif

Post by azeemarif »

I don't think linux bashing is any useful for us.

ReactOS is good and has bright future. As everybody said before, it has potential of becoming desktop of masses.

But Linux is my current desktop and I am grateful to OSS community for providing such a wonderful system. Linux is great as a developer's workstation (even for writing code for ReactOS).
And as "syllogism" said KDE etc. are becoming more and more user friendly even for normal desktop operations.

So let's not make ReactOS look good by making Linux look bad. We don't have to steal market share from Linux, there is another OS that has 90% of market that should be our target.

ReactOS: Usability of Windows, with security of *nix
rastilin

Post by rastilin »

If people are more willing to BUY a desktop OS than to get one for free then we should provide that opportunity. I may personally start selling these once they are complete, certanly a better way of paying for college than working at a fast food joint. No open source Operating System would be complete without a free online download, people still sell linux distributions though.

All the ad ideas are excellent, get a ReactOS icon and make an ad with each of them. Except for the dictionary one, I hated that.
Elledan

Post by Elledan »

azeemarif wrote:I don't think linux bashing is any useful for us.
Agreed. OSS is OSS.
[..]
And as "syllogism" said KDE etc. are becoming more and more user friendly even for normal desktop operations.
True, but the real danger (for new users) lies in the 'uncharted' territory beyond the GUI. No matter how good the current desktop environments are, I find that the most useful tool in Linux is still a good text editor.
So let's not make ReactOS look good by making Linux look bad. We don't have to steal market share from Linux, there is another OS that has 90% of market that should be our target.
Like I said before, Linux excels as a server/mainframe/embedded OS, while ROS has the potential to become a very good desktop OS, so in theory these two OSs could peacefully co-exist :)
ReactOS: Usability of Windows, with security of *nix
I prefer: "Windows, enhanced with OSS" ;)
Toxigenicpoem

Post by Toxigenicpoem »

hmmm, the last time I remembered, Linux was a major component of the Mac OS X series... Commercial, but a very good desktop environment.... I love all OSS, each with its faults, and perks :) but I love reactOs the most!
AcetoliNe

Post by AcetoliNe »

I totally agree with Elledan on his views on Linux.
HAVE U TRIED FEDORA, LINUX IS GOOD ON DESKTOPS BETTER THEN WIN$HIT
Whoa. Cut the Caps, Kid. I don't think there exists a single soul that hasn't tried out Fedora yet, but I'm gonna stick to WIN$H*T, thank you (or ReactOS, in the not-too-far future).

As I look down this forum, I realize that my first post (Power to YOU) is not bad at all, and I like it.

Another one (just joking): ReactOS :: GPL versus EULA
caveman LIKES chocolate.
we shall reinvent the wheel until it turns properly.
Elledan

Post by Elledan »

AcetoliNe wrote:Another one (just joking): ReactOS :: GPL versus EULA
Heh, I like that one :)

It might be a bit too obscure for the average person, though.
Elledan

Post by Elledan »

toxigenicpoem wrote:hmmm, the last time I remembered, Linux was a major component of the Mac OS X series... Commercial, but a very good desktop environment.... I love all OSS, each with its faults, and perks :) but I love reactOs the most!
MacOS X uses Darwin, which is more *BSD than Linux.
azeemarif

Post by azeemarif »

Elledan:
Linux excels as a server/mainframe/embedded OS
One mans Server OS is another mans Desktop OS :)
Elledan

Post by Elledan »

azeemarif wrote:
Elledan:
Some people definitely have 'eccentric' preferences, yes ;)
azeemarif

Post by azeemarif »

Elledan wrote:
azeemarif wrote:
Elledan:
Some people definitely have 'eccentric' preferences, yes ;)
Ya, thats what
Mac OS X users think about windows users
or windows users think about linux users
or linux users think about windows users
or windows user think about Mac OS x user
or ... (all the permutations combinations)

simply put,

Ya, thats what
$OS1 users think about $OS2 users :)
Toxigenicpoem

Post by Toxigenicpoem »

Point taken :D. BSD does rule, because it is a complete system, and Linux is not... Yay for HURD!
Elledan

Post by Elledan »

toxigenicpoem wrote:
Point taken :D. BSD does rule, because it is a complete system, and Linux is not... Yay for HURD!
HURD: the only OS known to mankind which is in perpetual state of development ;)

@azeemarif

I'm a Windows and Linux user, and a MacOS X fan. Should I consider myself eccentric times three? Confusing...
Headstrong

Post by Headstrong »

Elledan wrote: HURD: the only OS known to mankind which is in perpetual state of development ;)
what you mean they have stopped developing windows, linux, osX and BSD?
:lol:

but on a serious note, i have only come accross one OS/2 machine (in 11 years) and that was years ago, and they where looking to move that to linux.

although I have heard there is a OS/2 machine in a uni in galsow, that runs one application, no one has even looked to see if it will run on anything else.

why do we need a OS/2 sub system ?