has anyone tried ATI Drivers?

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Stead

has anyone tried ATI Drivers?

Post by Stead » Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:21 am

just curious, has anyone tried ATI's Radeond drivers?

i haven't checked if they have made any for NT4, but i just read the nivida ones now work without patching, i may try the ati ones later, although from the intructions of the nvidia drivers, you just copy the files over and set the resolution in the registry? how does reactos know how to use those files? ie are you suppsed to rename them to replace the existing vga drivers?

although i have an older computer with a tnt2 card i'll try later if ican find a re-wrtiable cd someware...

thanks for the great os effort! :)

navaraf
Developer

Re: has anyone tried ATI Drivers?

Post by navaraf » Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:31 pm

Stead wrote:just curious, has anyone tried ATI's Radeond drivers?
It's quite a few months, but yes. The ATI W2K drivers were partly working, but the rendered images looked...eh...wrong.
Stead wrote:i haven't checked if they have made any for NT4, but i just read the nivida ones now work without patching, i may try the ati ones later, although from the intructions of the nvidia drivers, you just copy the files over and set the resolution in the registry? how does reactos know how to use those files? ie are you suppsed to rename them to replace the existing vga drivers?
The registry for the driver (even the nVidia one) contain the driver file name and few other things, not only the resolution.