Nightly builds avaiable

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

GreatLord
Developer

Post by GreatLord »

We do not need night build. if u want lates iso of reactos go to http://svn.reactos.org and download it there. it is not a livecd it is bootcd.
and it is not a nigth build it is a build on each commit that have been done. but rember some iso is really broke and some other work fine.
kristaps

Do these apps work on ReactOS ?

Post by kristaps »

Did anyone tried to run programs from last SVN builds on real windows xp ?
explorer and ibrowser dies on startup and notepad has no icon.
I am lazy to test it, but I think they MUST work fine on WinXP.
Gasmann

Re: Do these apps work on ReactOS ?

Post by Gasmann »

kristaps wrote:Did anyone tried to run programs from last SVN builds on real windows xp ?
explorer and ibrowser dies on startup and notepad has no icon.
I am lazy to test it, but I think they MUST work fine on WinXP.
Why don't you try for yourself? explorer and notepad are running, just used them 3 days ago (on ROS of course). I don't know about ibrowser, though, because I don't use it.
kristaps

Post by kristaps »

Gasmann wrote: Why don't you try for yourself?
You know- there was too many ROS,Linux and win versions installed on my drive this year.... HDD can crash. and these damn virtual machines sucks on my 935mhz Celeron... but I like reacos...
Gasmann

Post by Gasmann »

kristaps wrote: You know- there was too many ROS,Linux and win versions installed on my drive this year.... HDD can crash. and these damn virtual machines sucks on my 935mhz Celeron... but I like reacos...
:lol: Why should your HDD crash? You can install thousands of OS'ses in one year and still the HDD works, if it doesn't, and starts ticking or something else, blame your HDD's manufacturer.
Wierd

Post by Wierd »

I dont know. You "CAN" force an HDD to fail prematurely by sending specific read/write instructions callibrated in such a way as to accoustically damage the drive.

(EG, get the read head to move back and forth in a resonant pattern by issuing carefully selected ATAPI seek & purge cache commands, causing physical damage to the arm of the read head. Kinda like "Disk thrashing" on crack!)

This however, would be VERY drive specific.... But I can see ways in which you could experementally determine what sectors to repeatedly seek to/from by measuring the latency between read instructions in MS..........

But that is just plain malicious, and I dont see how an OSS program could do such a thing and NOT get seriously trash-talked from it.

If a program does this accidentally, it is because it is either very poorly written, or your drive is too stupid to cache commonly read sectors. (This is why a cache purge command would be needed between cycles of DOOM, as outlined above) In one case, the vendor of the software needs an angry letter. In the case of the latter, your hard drive mfg is on crack.
Baldomero

Post by Baldomero »

Hi, I compiled from svn a bootcd only with debug set to 0 (if I did that correctly) and with export ROS_PREFIX=i586-mingw32msvc

The ISO is at ftp://mihost.dnsalias.com

This machine is running 24/7, but at home, so something can happen, but in general it is always online and accesible.

I'll try to update the ISO, if not daily, every two or three days...

I am really new to this (compiling stuff), any comment will be apreciated :D
Baldomero

Post by Baldomero »

How do I set the optimize to 1 and debug to 0 ? those should be the default for daily builds, right?

EDIT:
As Jaix told, I should have posted the solution to the problem, here it is:
as answered on IRC, rename config.template.rbuild to config.rbuild and edit the second one. That file is easily readable, and there you can change optimization settings, debug mode and smp between others.
Last edited by Baldomero on Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jaix
Moderator Team

Return answer to be searchable

Post by Jaix »

Baldomero wrote:How do I set the optimize to 1 and debug to 0 ? those should be the default for daily builds, right?

EDIT: solved on IRC again... ¬¬
Well, that is very good, but if you want to do some good things, please explain the solution so the answer can be searchable for others too.
Baldomero

Post by Baldomero »

Ok, now I know how to make the builds. On ftp://mihost.dnsalias.com you can find daily builds for i486, both livecd and install, and also builds optimized for pentium4 and athlon-xp, but these two won't be daily (maybe every two or three days).

Compiled with debug=0 and smp=0.

Any suggestion will be appreciated :)
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Just that you all know. I had serious problems with my fu**ing Windows. Now they are solved and I'll upload a new ISO tomorrow ~16:00 GMT. Bye
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Hmm, does anybody else have compiling promlems with the newest SVN Tree? SOmething in NDIS...
Pharaoh_Atem

Post by Pharaoh_Atem »

I had a few, but when I updated the tree again, they were fixed even though it showed no updates... My guess is, the tree was not finished being updated by the devs... A good time to get updates is ususally around 18:00GMT... It seems that development tables off by then...
ThePhysicist
Developer

Post by ThePhysicist »

Compiles fine for me. If you still have problems, try to delete makefile.auto, this helps sometimes. And delete obj-i386 and output-i386 for a complete new build.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

r21321 fixed the Problem. I build a ISO right now for my mirror. P.S:I delete makefile.auto and the three folders made by Script everytime I make a ISO.