Qemu Manager - now a complete virtualization suite

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

mikedep333

Qemu Manager - now a complete virtualization suite

Post by mikedep333 »

Good news. Kqemu is now under the GPL, qemu manager has come along nicely, and qemu has been great for a long time. This means that for windows users, there is now an easy to use virtualization suite, not just an emulation suite. Download and install the latest version of Qemu Manager (currently 4.0) which includes everything, choose to use kqemu (not qvm86) during setup, and you have a suite almost as powerful as vmware.

http://www.davereyn.co.uk/download.htm
Horcrux7

Post by Horcrux7 »

Does it work together with the current trunk of ReactOS?
preston
Developer

Post by preston »

Horcrux7 wrote:Does it work together with the current trunk of ReactOS?
if you're asking about kqemu - yes it works.
mikedep333

Post by mikedep333 »

I just used it with build 26159, so yes, it does work with trunk (assuming trunk doesn't get broken again.)
Just keep in mind that this build makes you wait two minutes before starting a real ROS session.
Mrkaras

Post by Mrkaras »

That looks a lot better, no more having to create BAT files to play with long command lines. from the screen shots it looks good and I have read previously that it can be made almost as fast as VMware but it probably invades you system less than VMware. I might have to give it another go.
Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

I tried to install ReactOS 0.3.1 on virtual disk in qemu, but while booting for the first time i receive error message "Partition signature != 55AA"

Is there any workaround?
budious

Post by budious »

I got the same partition error = 55AA using VM Server setting up an image using the 0.3.1 release .iso. The problem is when you go through the installer the first time that it fails to format the virtual partition correctly. When the virtual machine reboots, it attempts to boot from hard disk and detects the incorrect partition type. The fix is to change the virtual boot order and place cd to boot before hard disk. Then run the installer the second time and it will format the virtual partition correctly and copy the files to the install directory. You will then have a working image.
mikedep333

Post by mikedep333 »

Here is the build that worked for me in case you guys want to try it.
http://svn.reactos.org/iso/bootcd-26159-rel.7z
cruzades

Re: Qemu Manager - now a complete virtualization suite

Post by cruzades »

mikedep333 wrote:Good news. Kqemu is now under the GPL, qemu manager has come along nicely, and qemu has been great for a long time. This means that for windows users, there is now an easy to use virtualization suite, not just an emulation suite. Download and install the latest version of Qemu Manager (currently 4.0) which includes everything, choose to use kqemu (not qvm86) during setup, and you have a suite almost as powerful as vmware.

http://www.davereyn.co.uk/download.htm
I can't get through the link, I guess it's down (or it just for me), any mirror please?

Thanks.
dragossh

Post by dragossh »

cruzades

Post by cruzades »

@dragossh

thanks, i got it and it's working ^^