disto

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Pentiumforever

disto

Post by Pentiumforever »

Hi,
i like to know if here anywhre they would be help me to set up a website they collext some stuff for ReactOS and create a disto.

I want to release the site multilangual with tuts in some othe languages! (translating)

Anybody intresting?

mfg pentiumforever
HUMA2000

Post by HUMA2000 »

Maybe i can help u, i'm the one who translate the oficial reactos web to spanish ;)
I can help translating, writing some docs, website desing and packing apps (when packmanager is finished ;))
Contact me if you are interested on my help.
Pentiumforever

Post by Pentiumforever »

I'm intresting :D

today i want to set up the website - know you Mambo?
HUMA2000

Post by HUMA2000 »

Is a kind of music :wink:
Yes, is a php portal sistem, like php-nuke and some other, i've never use it, but I learnt fast ;)
I'll add you to icq now, to talk about the ideas you have.
HUMA2000

Post by HUMA2000 »

when u can, said me the url of the site, ok?
frik85
Developer

Post by frik85 »

I think a real (Linux like) distro isn't a good idea for ReactOS.
The Linux distros are very different to each other.
Maybe we(/you) should create a open source CD (image) with ReactOS and some GPL applications.
Pentiumforever

Post by Pentiumforever »

Sorry but inthe moment i have proplms wih the mail server!

I doesent mean a disto like linux, I mean that we (the community) create some different distos, one more like Windows XP, one optimized for games one special for mac user etc.
frik85
Developer

Post by frik85 »

pentiumforever wrote:I doesent mean a disto like linux, I mean that we (the community) create some different distos, one more like Windows XP, one optimized for games one special for mac user etc.
The idea with distros optimized for games or internet (security) is good. In ReactOS 0.3 you will be able to install firefox :wink:
HUMA2000

Post by HUMA2000 »

I think more like pentiumforever, we must create several packages optimized for the diferent uses:
-Workstation: Office, graphics, webdesing, calendar and others
-Games: Must include a basic office suite, and every util we need to play our favorite games: a gamespy like prog. (there are several free), console emulators and so
-Server: Mail, web, ftp, firewall, router and other server type software

All must include all basics apps, like browser, download manager, mail/news reader, notepad, calculator, etc...
frik85
Developer

Post by frik85 »

HUMA2000 wrote:I think more like pentiumforever, we must create several packages optimized for the diferent uses:
-Games: Must include a basic office suite, and every util we need to play our favorite games: a gamespy like prog. (there are several free), console emulators and so

All must include all basics apps, like browser, download manager, mail/news reader, notepad, calculator, etc...
Generally I mean the same (*hope*).

- Education: tutorials, help files, office suite (open office, abi word), basic developer tools, internet browser, image apps (paint clone, ...), small games (like solitaire, chess, ...)
Pentiumforever

Post by Pentiumforever »

HUMA2000 wrote:I think more like pentiumforever, we must create several packages optimized for the diferent uses:

in one piont i have an other opinion the game system must be really small with out any stuff they not important for games (e.g. the office suite)
HUMA2000

Post by HUMA2000 »

Well, we can write a wiki page or a mambo page about it and them start to working so we can have it ready for the 0.5 release, when the most important thing are done.
Luemmel

Post by Luemmel »

in general a distribution with different optimzations is a good idea but at this state of development there isn't much that can be optimized on which the developers don't already work i think
i would rather support frik's idea of a GPL software collection which already runs or which propably will run in the near future on reactos
on the other hand: the early bird catches the worm ;) - perhaps both ideas can be realized...
Pentiumforever

Post by Pentiumforever »

Its right that at this time we cant make a good disto. but we can now learn more about ReactOs to make it later better. and we can translate the tuts they are important that e.g. we have more & better keyboard driver!
uniQ

Post by uniQ »

Coming on, coming up, let me help ROS and I'll be able to look @ a life well used.