Small translation project for reactos

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Lucio Diaz

Small translation project for reactos

Post by Lucio Diaz »

I am starting a small proyect to ease the translation of reactos, it consist in a self contained wiki (Wxwikiserver) in a small linux system (Puppylinux) with a svn client (and the reactos source code). My goal is to use a small script to build all the rc files from reactos (my local copy) into the wiki and back from the wiki to rc, so anyone with an acount in the wiki, can access them from internet and translate them with ease. Once it is working... and proven, ¿could i get write access to the svn so the changes get back to reactos?.

Best regards,

Lucio Diaz.

PD: i have already working the linux with the wiki and the svn, what is left is the script, the hardest part, as i know nothing about script or bash in linux, any help is welcomed.
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

I would highly suggest you talk to frik85 or something about this. Get on IRC to catch him. With the new RosCMS, it becomes possible to actually do translations of the OS through a web interface, but it's not ready yet. So get in touch with him.
samwise52

Post by samwise52 »

I LOVE REACTOS!!

representing #reactos-es
Can you picture what could be? So limitless and free.. in need of your help ReactOS 0.4
Lucio Diaz

Post by Lucio Diaz »

I agree!
GreatLord
Developer

Post by GreatLord »

Hi

we are planing such system already
but more complex

example it will take a rc file and and convert it to xml and be store on the web now u can translate it on reactos website without known any code or recompile it. after u finish it and approve it, it automatic translate back to rc syntax and commit it to reactos svn.
Phalanx

Post by Phalanx »

GreatLord wrote:Hi

we are planing such system already
but more complex

example it will take a rc file and and convert it to xml and be store on the web now u can translate it on reactos website without known any code or recompile it. after u finish it and approve it, it automatic translate back to rc syntax and commit it to reactos svn.
It would be cool if you could select the languages in the build environment for ReactOS, because at the moment there is so many recognised languages by ISO etc (even through to languages used in movies like startrek). If all these were on your system, that's a lot of memory. I know this could cause updating system files problems latter (when there is an update system etc), but maybe there could be language groups. So one could be like: English, German, French, Spanish etc. Then another could be Asian based languages with English included. Then another Russian based ones etc. So kind of like regions of the world, but then with the core languages in it as well like English. That would mean in the end you would have maybe 7 or 10 different language group builds, so updates would be more streamlined (with a replacement file for each of the language groups).
Lucio Diaz

Post by Lucio Diaz »

Greatlord, i am very interested in that system, tell me if i can be of any help, i had already tested an easy to depploy wiki in a small linux distribution with an svn client and a build environment of reactos, i was now planning to learn a bit of bash or any other script language to make what you where talking about, making the rc into the web and from the web into rc back automatically.

If you need some help in that proyect, tell me, i will stop my own and help you as much as i can.

Best regards,
Lucio.