My Backgrounds for ROS <3

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

kevintrooper

Post by kevintrooper »

I'd rather have at least 4 of them on the OS
Phobos

Post by Phobos »

hmmm yeah, but that is not a decision for you to take alone..

I also prefer little to none wallpapers on the OSs... anyways, I mostly use a unicolor background and/or an image I like... not those included by default

the wallpapers database sounds better, at least to me
kevintrooper

Post by kevintrooper »

I know! but I mean at least 4 thow :idea:
kevintrooper

Post by kevintrooper »

http://reactwallpaper.us.tt/

to download the images rightclick them!

the database is ready!
cppm

Post by cppm »

ubuntu has the right idea - ship with a bare minimum and make it v. v. easy to download and install the add ons.

So, 2 or 3 simple colour strong and abstract wallpapers (or perhaps one very nice photo) that fit the default theme is all the seasoning that's needed for a vanilla OS, but have a nice interface for dloading more

Distros are a different matter...

For such a dload system an online system is required, kevin I can't help notice that your 'database' of designs is just an interface for a holiday snap system, you need something where others can contribute, rate wallpapers and comment etc. Poll for those that get included in a central ReactOS database...

All of which requires plenty of users - so moot point atm... some nice photos though, not sure if all are suitable for wallpapers
kevintrooper

Post by kevintrooper »

I know but this is just to put it on the actual thing!
Phobos

Post by Phobos »

how to put this.....

you can give the idea, kevintrooper, but they will not be included in base ROS just because you want them to

the page to download them is a better idea, so stick to it
dreams

Post by dreams »

Switchboy

Post by Switchboy »

dreams wrote:image

Both by me and GPL.
Wow! nice closeups.
Last edited by Switchboy on Thu May 31, 2007 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
radu.bulboaca

Post by radu.bulboaca »

dreams, the photos are great, but I don't think they're well suited as wallpapers. The edges are too sharp, there are too many colors, and that can be distracting. As someone said before me, the basic idea behind the Ubuntu wallpapers is a good one: soft, abstract shapes in a color that matches the ReactOS theme (probably some shade of light blue)
Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

Please delete images when you reply...
dreams

Post by dreams »

radu.bulboaca wrote:dreams, the photos are great, but I don't think they're well suited as wallpapers. The edges are too sharp, there are too many colors, and that can be distracting. As someone said before me, the basic idea behind the Ubuntu wallpapers is a good one: soft, abstract shapes in a color that matches the ReactOS theme (probably some shade of light blue)
Thanks, and i agree, the wallpapers are a bit busy. Something like Ubuntu would be good, but it has to be really recognizable and instantly make you think about ReactOS. Just like the WinXP default background. ;)
Switchboy

Post by Switchboy »

After my examinations are over, I'll try to photographe some beautifull dutch skies :P
dreams

Post by dreams »

Switchboy wrote:After my examinations are over, I'll try to photographe some beautifull dutch skies :P
There is a little bit dutch sky in the first photo :P
mf
Developer

Post by mf »

radu.bulboaca wrote:dreams, the photos are great, but I don't think they're well suited as wallpapers. The edges are too sharp, there are too many colors, and that can be distracting. As someone said before me, the basic idea behind the Ubuntu wallpapers is a good one: soft, abstract shapes in a color that matches the ReactOS theme (probably some shade of light blue)
Shut up until you know what you're talking about. The photos are beautiful, and quite uniform in colour. In fact, a bit more complimentary colours wouldn't hurt the overall composition. If you want an example of how it shouldn't be done, look at XP's "Bliss", but these are just great. I'll see if I can put in a good word for having these as default 0.3.2 wallpapers, one for BootCD and one for LiveCD. I do agree that the second photo could be a bit calmer though, maybe dreams can give us a better one before we branch for 0.3.2?
It compiles, let's ship it!