ROS on xbox

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Scimitar116

ROS on xbox

Post by Scimitar116 »

I heard a while back that ROS had been ported to xbox, but that there was no input support from keyboards\mouse\gamepads, and so it never got past the bootloader. i was wondering if the progress of the ROS port for xbox had progressed enough to get it to boot, because i have a modded xbox, and linux kinda sux :? so i dont even use it, i just stick to dashes and homebrew apps\media players.

btw, i think ROS is an awsome project, and i think once itgets to a point where it can play some of my favorite games, i am throwin my windows cd in the garbage! also, i know u guys are no where near this yet, but i think DOS\Java subsystems would pwn.
Dr. Fred
Developer

Post by Dr. Fred »

I think there is still no input, because USB still does not work.
GvG

Post by GvG »

That's correct. ReactOS fully boots, but you can't do anything with it due to the lack of input devices.
Scimitar116

Post by Scimitar116 »

ahh..too bad :(

EDIT: is this being worked on by the ROS team, or is it for anyone who wants to volunteer? also, i dont want to be annoying, but how long do you think until USB support will be implemented?
Headstrong

Post by Headstrong »

http://reactos.com/wiki/index.php/USB_Stack

that is the best place to look for USB info

http://reactos.com/wiki/
GvG

Post by GvG »

Scimitar116 wrote:EDIT: is this being worked on by the ROS team, or is it for anyone who wants to volunteer? also, i dont want to be annoying, but how long do you think until USB support will be implemented?
It's being worked on, but I'm sure help is welcome. Contact Mark Tempel or Aleksey Bragin, their email addresses can be found in the ros-dev mailing list archives.
My guess is that it will take at least a few months before this is implemented.