Mistake on the Wiki

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Pentiumforever

Mistake on the Wiki

Post by Pentiumforever »

At the botoom of the Wiki page has you wrote " ReactOs Fundation" or similar but this is not correct to german (and other) laws, not the fundation, the autor has the rights on his texts!
uniQ

Post by uniQ »

Same in the US, BUT...

when you edit a page there is the following text:

"Please note that all contributions to ReactOS are considered to be released under the GNU Free Documentation License (see ReactOS:Copyrights for details)."

So iit's understood that anything you add to the Wiki becomes the property of the ROSF, even though it's also then released under the GFDL.

-Q
Coming on, coming up, let me help ROS and I'll be able to look @ a life well used.
Pentiumforever

Post by Pentiumforever »

i dont understand it! the relasea under the GFDL is understanded by me but i dont unterstand the role of the ROSF, in the German Wikipedia has every autohr the rightsony his text but he has it reeased under the GDL when he put it in!

In germany we have a other sytem then in the usa/canada we cant sale the copyright to another person or a company. We can only sale the rights to use it!
GvG

Post by GvG »

I'm wondering what reference to the ReactOS Foundation you're referring to? If I look at e.g. http://reactos.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page I see the following text near the bottom:

* This page was last modified 20:40, 8 Feb 2005.
* This page has been accessed 952 times.
* Content is available under GNU Free Documentation License 1.2.
* About ReactOS
* Disclaimers

No mention of ReactOS Foundation whatsoever?

[Edit]
Oh, now I see. There's a "© ReactOS Foundation" near the bottom of the main page. Well, I guess whoever wrote the main page decided to assign the copyright of that single page to the foundation. It doesn't mean that the copyrights of all the pages belong to the foundation!
[/Edit]
Pentiumforever

Post by Pentiumforever »

oh than i have it misunderstand!
uniQ

Post by uniQ »

GvG wrote:"© ReactOS Foundation"
Should that be removed then?

-Q
Coming on, coming up, let me help ROS and I'll be able to look @ a life well used.
GvG

Post by GvG »

Well, I didn't put it there and I think it's rude (and probably illegal) to remove copyright notices put in by other people, so I'm not going to touch it.
uniQ

Post by uniQ »

So do copyright laws then depend on the country the server is in, or the contributor?

-Q

PS. Added a note just in case.
Dr. Fred
Developer

Post by Dr. Fred »

uniQ wrote:So do copyright laws then depend on the country the server is in, or the contributor.
No, it's were the viewer is that's stupid, but it's the way it is.
uniQ

Post by uniQ »

Well, I hope the note I've added will do for now.

-uniQ