The style

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Like the idea?

Poll ended at Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:35 am

YES
21%
NO
79%

Total votes: 29

kevintrooper

The style

Post by kevintrooper »

srry! what i meant was Because some people wanted reactos to look simalar to longhrn (including me) the link: http://sourceforge.net/projects/lxp/

that thing has windows styles! the longhorn ones could be edited to not contain any copyright: images, files,....!

but it will kinda look like it though! and someone could change it if they know!

http://sourceforge.net/projects/lxp/
Last edited by kevintrooper on Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

Umm, what?
Coviti

Re: READ BEFORE VOTE

Post by Coviti »

kevintrooper wrote:OK, Experts or people who can just do it you guys could change all the (C) of windows, microsoft and change it into Reactos style but it would still be similar! (for people who call me energetic, I kinda slowed down in the last week!)

I also saw that allot of people talked in other topics!
Okay, that was an excellent waste of three sentences with absolutely no information in them. And then to top it off, a poll with no question. Incredible.

The only thing that can be gathered from this is that you propose ReactOS infringe on Microsoft copyrights? Or that ReactOS file for identical copyrights as Microsoft? What exactly are you saying?
kevintrooper

Re: READ BEFORE VOTE

Post by kevintrooper »

srry! what i meant was Because some people wanted reactos to look simalar to longhrn (including me) the link: http://sourceforge.net/projects/lxp/

that thing has windows styles! the longhorn ones could be edited to not contain any copyright: images, files,....!

but it will kinda look like it though! and someone could change it if they know!

PS: Im gonna edit the first post so it makes sence! lol 8)
Reacter

Post by Reacter »

We have already shown how Longhorn is illegal. If you can make it legal, go for it. But it can not be completely legal unless you never see source, never touch source. You must see, recode. That is all of my legal ranting.
More ReactOS, please!
dreams

Post by dreams »

I really don't want ReactOS looking any different than win2000. I hate Vista's look!
Reacter

Post by Reacter »

I would rather see progman.exe than explorer.exe 40% of the time but with a 32 bit twist, but then again, what is NT 3.51 for?
More ReactOS, please!
Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

You promised, Kevintrooper, no more stupid posts, no more stupid polls!

What are you trying to sell this time? YADST (Yet Another Desktop Style Thread)? First, it should go to design. Second, we are not going to make ReactOS look like an exact copy of any Windows version (i dont think i have to explain why?) Third, you will be able to use one of the gazillion Windows apps for style changing...

I dont like that look, many people also doesnt. Do yo want to force them into this? If not, then why do you post it here??
Phalanx

Post by Phalanx »

First, not the Longhorn style there, but a very close xp one.
Second, that breaks copyright being an exact copy of style (artistic rights).
Third, it's for POSIX and of little to no use for ReactOS except for images which have problems being used in this project.
kevintrooper

Post by kevintrooper »

Ok. but I really dont wanted it to be windoes standard forever I hate THAT!
Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

Great... YOU dont want... this doesn`t mean that the rest of us wants the same thing. Well, you wil have the opportunity to change it, later on, to whatever you want.

Don`t expect ReactOS to officially import such style.

Could some Moderator or Admin close this thread?
kevintrooper

Post by kevintrooper »

I agree! but How do i add it pm me!
Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

Not now, as we miss the basic win32 functionality, but later - yes. ReactOS is still in alpha stage you know...
kevintrooper

Post by kevintrooper »

i know i know! but I dont know htf Im supposed to edit it in or add it! :cry:
Reacter

Post by Reacter »

Add/Remove programs. When it is finished.
More ReactOS, please!