jimtabor's accusations

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

GvG

Post by GvG »

jimtabor wrote:I guess the two heroes I written about are liars too.
jimtabor wrote:If you want to open the books, I will too! I can throw the first stone!
I have nothing to hide, so feel free to "open the books".
So far, you have accused me of
- Having financial gain by somehow selling code you own (or something like that, you never cared to explain exactly what I gained)
- Having looked at the leaked sources
- Being a liar
all without a single shred of evidence. Now please put up or shut up!

GvG

Post by GvG »

jimtabor wrote:Rehash old trash!
Trash? When was it ever refuted?
Old? If it was illegal then, it's still illegal now.
jimtabor
Developer

Post by jimtabor »

GvG wrote:
jimtabor wrote:I guess the two heroes I written about are liars too.
jimtabor wrote:If you want to open the books, I will too! I can throw the first stone!
I have nothing to hide, so feel free to "open the books".
So far, you have accused me of
- Having financial gain by somehow selling code you own (or something like that, you never cared to explain exactly what I gained)
- Having looked at the leaked sources
- Being a liar
all without a single shred of evidence. Now please put up or shut up!

Alex is right! You do write words into others sentences.
GvG

Post by GvG »

jimtabor wrote:Alex is right! You do write words into others sentences.
Funny how each time I ask you to come up with some actual proof you start to play word games. This time I don't even understand what you're referring to.

jimtabor
Developer

Post by jimtabor »

GvG wrote:
jimtabor wrote:Rehash old trash!
Trash? When was it ever refuted?
Old? If it was illegal then, it's still illegal now.
http://www.reactos.org/archives/public/ ... 07401.html

It works for me!

http://www.reactos.org/archives/public/ ... 07392.html

You must have known!
LOL!
GvG

Post by GvG »

Huh? What I see there is Alex admitting that he looked at and copied disassembled Win2k3 code. Direct violation of the ReactOS IP policy and even more importantly a copyright violation.
jimtabor wrote:[url]http://www.reactos.org/archives/public/ ... 07392.html[/url

You must have known!
LOL!
You lost me again here. I must have known what????

jimtabor
Developer

Post by jimtabor »

GvG wrote:
Huh? What I see there is Alex admitting that he looked at and copied disassembled Win2k3 code. Direct violation of the ReactOS IP policy and even more importantly a copyright violation.
jimtabor wrote:[url]http://www.reactos.org/archives/public/ ... 07392.html[/url

You must have known!
LOL!
You lost me again here. I must have known what????

You knew it was about Alex. Why write that type of harshness and be so unforgiving? You had been flaming him for months.

http://www.reactos.org/archives/public/ ... 07424.html

Alex to this day is right. Go find another poll.
Betov

Post by Betov »

Betov,
You are right! The problem with Casper is he knew before the audit and with great shock by me he stated it in our private IRC. That means he knew long before you presented the evidence to us.

My thanks go out to you Betov!
Thanks for saying, but my problem is no more to know that i am right, you know... My problem is that i have worked for 10 years, since i got retired, for an OS that will probably never exist, or, if it could exist, would be under the control of MicroSoft... which is not exactly what i had in mind when starting my Project, to say the less. I have now no much hope that there could exist any Win32 alternative, which could match any ethical concern.

Do you think that WINE will, in some future, be fully integrated to Linux, so that, under Linux, ELFs or PEs would no more make any difference for the final user? To me... let us dream sweet dreams, but i do not see it coming any soon...

[I am now a bit old, for restarting 10 years of daily works, on an ELF version of my Project...]

Betov.
Ged
Developer

Post by Ged »

Betov wrote:My problem is that i have worked for 10 years, since i got retired, for an OS that will probably never exist, or, if it could exist, would be under the control of MicroSoft... which is not exactly what i had in mind when starting my Project, to say the less. I have now no much hope that there could exist any Win32 alternative, which could match any ethical concern.
I fail to see how rosasm relates to reactos. The 2 projects are completely separate and share no desire to be related to one another.

What you should be saying is that you've worked for 10 years developing a project for Windows!! Windows is obviously controlled by Microsoft, so any let downs with regards to your own ethical concerns are your own fault.

You have not worked for 10 years for ReactOS, you have worked for yourself, writing a Windows application.
It just so happens that your application will work on ReactOS, in the same way Firefox, uTorrent and thunderbird do.

The sooner you accept that, the sooner you can get on with your life and stop obsessing about reactos.
Betov

Post by Betov »

Ged, thanks for saying publicly that, any volunteer wanting to develop an Application for ReactOS, will, in fact, be writting for MicroSoft Windows: Given your range, on the ethical scale, indeed, this makes no difference. Oh! _Yes_. One: At least, MicroSoft would not complain with having a free project being called "WindAsm".

By the way, there exist a Project called "LuxAsm", and i suggest you to report such an outrageous abuse to the Linux team, because, if i take the Linux High-Way, the fellows who actually hold that name (which _I_ invented, by the way), will probably like to give this name back to me. What a shame, isn't it?

Betov.
Ged
Developer

Post by Ged »

Betov wrote:Ged, thanks for saying publicly that, any volunteer wanting to develop an Application for ReactOS, will, in fact, be writting for MicroSoft Windows:
I don't think you've quite grasped the concept of reactos. It's a Windows implementation written with the goal of running windows software.
Betov wrote: At least, MicroSoft would not complain with having a free project being called "WindAsm".
I never once said I had a problem with the name rosasm, I'm not sure why you brought that up. You're clutching at straws here.

The problem many people have is that you claim to be working for / with reactos, but the only thing you've ever contributed is anger, upset and harassment.

You have a bad reputation in many other projects and that is something we would prefer not to be associated with.

If you suddenly changed your approach and actually started to help the project in some way instead of trying to damage it or use it for your own private gain, maybe people would change their views of you.
Judging from the feed back from projects other than reactos, unfortunately I somehow doubt you will ever do this.
Betov

Post by Betov »

If you suddenly changed your approach and actually started to help the project in some way instead of trying to damage it or use it for your own private gain, maybe people would change their views of you.
Judging from the feed back from projects other than reactos, unfortunately I somehow doubt you will ever do this.
You are right with doubting that i will ever do anything like this. For your "projects other than reactos", mind you, it is quite easy for me to guess what you are making allusion to. Congratulations for having relationships with this kind of Anti-GPL criminals. You are so obvious, you know...

Betov.
oiaohm

Post by oiaohm »

Note Betov it you called it windasm you would be screwed from Microsoft. If you called it Betov's windasm and used windasm as the short for you would be fine. Microsoft is kind picky like that. If you stick another company name at the start you are fine. Winzip gets a little complex. Since Winzip is a company name and they are really careful with marketing.

LuxAsm: The Luxurious Assembler. Some how I cannot see any relation ship with linux could be mixed up when you compare the long name. It does not hide its long name.

Its not the use of the letters Betov its the context and appearance. How long before that sinks into your head. If what you are doing gives the appearance is linked you are screwed unless you have appoval. You need do some basic legal classes because it will save you from saying a lot of stupid things.

Betov I have already point this out in the thread given to your problem.

Anti-GPL Ok if that is the case Betov why have you not contacted FSF. They are the creators of the license they decide what is Anti-GPL not you. Do you have documents from FSF backing your claim Betov. We don't want baseless claims in here.

Now I should not even be answering this in this thread. Since those answers are completely off topic. If you want to fight over rosasm put in the thread setup for you or start a new thread Betov.

People don't fight put the documents on a time line with the rules and legal requirements in effect. Reactos is a internationally developed program so the legal requirements are a little more complex then just your own local countries laws. They don't always line up how people expect.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Betovs answer was deleted due to the fact it was spam. 2nd Warning, Betov!

oiaohm wrote: Now I should not even be answering this in this thread. Since those answers are completely off topic.
Right

--------------

You started getting off topic again.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
returnofnights

Post by returnofnights »

Stop fighting each other and get back to work!

what kind of show is this. . whos running it and why arn't you stopping a dead topic from being discussed?

I see no one here who's rich because of ReactOS and as it's all open source their can't be a problem with theift can there?? it's FREE to take and mod for anyone (even if they add to it and make money from it). . .As long as peoples work end up back with the project why should ANYONE care if a few $$$ are made. . shouldn't that just be good advertisment and sale abilities, as stated in this thread. . what sort of idiot would pay money for a free alternative OS?

I want to get involved with the project, not with girly arguments about crap that cant change.

Stop trying to prove eachother wrong and remember (this is each of your personal projects that your willing to share), accept that shared code will be modded, lost and improved. . but you can only offer your opinion as nothing has been done wrong.

Whats this I hear about free Microsoft ASM code. . . whats the big deal with that. . leave it in and improve it if you can.

I also read that some illegal code is used to base the construction of legal code. . . so what MS have made their money from stealing ideas for years the way they personally justify it is by saying "look at the code it's differant to ????'s code", So to use code to create new code (even to Microsoft) is classed as alright.

Ok if anyone still wants to argue about whats in the above posts (thread) then please use eMail. . . This site is for developing an OS not finding out who has the longest D__K.

Thanks for your curtasy, don't shoot the messenger.

Later RON