winnt.exe?

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

niteice

winnt.exe?

Post by niteice »

Is there (or will there be) an equivalent of WINNT or WINNT32 to provide alternatives to those that can't boot the ReactOS CD or don't want to use it? (i.e. slow cd drive)
Gasmann

Re: winnt.exe?

Post by Gasmann »

niteice wrote:Is there (or will there be) an equivalent of WINNT or WINNT32 to provide alternatives to those that can't boot the ReactOS CD or don't want to use it? (i.e. slow cd drive)
At the moment, that's not possible. But it wouldn't be bad to have such an option I think.
steveh

Create installation floppys manually?

Post by steveh »

Winnt.exe and Winnt32.exe copy, for WinNT4, a set of vital things from the Win NT4 CD to 3 floppies, in order to make an installation without booting from the CD.

Having myself still unsolved install problems due to old BIOS not booting CD's, suppose that I want to create in case of Reactos such floppies MANUALLY...
What would I need to copy to the floppies from the Reactos ISO CD, and how to copy the freeldr from the CD to the first floppy?

And is Bart's boot image extractor of any help for that? What about "setupldr.sys"?
sebastiaan

Post by sebastiaan »

I think you can create a freeloader boot-floppy, and boot the CDROM from freeloader...
steveh

freeldr

Post by steveh »

@Sebastiaan

I have tried booting the Reactos 0.2.5 installer ISO CD with freeldr, choosing F8 + boot device 'cd0',
either thru menu 'drive', 'partition' or 'custom boot' or...

but I always get an freeldr error 'xAA' with the cdrom

details in
http://reactos.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4815#4815