2 things that can mae ReactOS ultra hyper OS :)

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Nicram

2 things that can mae ReactOS ultra hyper OS :)

Post by Nicram »

First thing is documentation.
There is need for cool documentation in sources & documentation for other people with examples.
OpenBSD documentation for users should be used as paragon :)
Ofcourse there is need of doc for developers, many comments in sources &... Documentation for anyone that wanna to write the drivers. Yes, let the other people read how to make driver for Your project. Ofcourse if ReacOS will be 100% compatible with WINNT4 it will be already many drivers but.... should we expact that ? Make many docs how people can help You :)

Second thing is advocacy of the ReacOS on the whole world. React is still not very known project. If You will make it more popular then more people will try to make it better. & yes some big corpration can help You by just saying "WE support/like ReacOS" (*WE = big corp name like IBM, Intel, AMD).
It's little hard but not so much as You may think (there are always some ideas, i even got few right now how the yinterest in ReactOS, & respond, & that respond can be used as advert of React).

That's all :)
Best Regards
Pentiumforever

Post by Pentiumforever »

I think for the second thing is ReactOS at this time not far enough! Wait for 0.7 - 0.9 :wink:
Nicram

Post by Nicram »

pentiumforever wrote:I think for the second thing is ReactOS at this time not far enough! Wait for 0.7 - 0.9 :wink:
Well You are somehow righ & not :)
Because to make React more popular (so new developers will come & help) we may use some simple actions. For example, what CPU work faster in current revision. Do few test, people will check it, read it (how theyr CPU is faster/slower) & talk about React more & more. Using nice corp. names :)
For example "AMD wins in ReactOS!!!". Nice news for many IT websites :)
Pentiumforever

Post by Pentiumforever »

I mean only the part with the companys no company will support alpha software because the developer of (open source) alpha software can't gurantee that the sotware arive a stable version!
Jaix
Moderator Team

Good points Nicram

Post by Jaix »

I think you have good ideas Nicram, there is much to be done here, would you like to get plugged in in any way?
Nicram

Re: Good points Nicram

Post by Nicram »

Jaix wrote:I think you have good ideas Nicram, there is much to be done here, would you like to get plugged in in any way?
Well i don't know. I was thinking about it but my english isn't good enough for making documentation. About second thing is i don't got free time because i'm making something similar with openBSD on few polish vortals. But maybe some day, when i'll find some free time why not.
elwix

Post by elwix »

Your ideas are great. Actually, as soon as more basic functions are working, like TCP/IP, there should be more advertising.

Not many like the Microsoft monopoly, IBM have already spent huge amount of money in Novell and Linux. I love Linux myself and it's the only one I use (Reactos will be the second if ever it will allow to be installed ;) ) but it might not be for everyone.
Pushing all these people and small companies that still runs win98 & NT4 to Reactos should be an easy task.. especially if you get someone supporting the project. (someone with an organisation and a few bucks in the bank)
dark

Post by dark »

pentiumforever wrote:I mean only the part with the companys no company will support alpha software because the developer of (open source) alpha software can't gurantee that the sotware arive a stable version!
A company could do some work on react os, as long as we agreed to keep it in "the backroom", and not mention it on the site, or make it public.