Suggestion for little Explorer Feature

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

DracoDruid

Suggestion for little Explorer Feature

Post by DracoDruid »

Hi.

I was visiting this project for several months now,
and I am eagerly looking forward for the post-alpha releases.
(Not to speak of v1.0! ;))
Great work, all of you! Keep going!

But back to topic:

One thing I really miss in the WinExplorer from time to time,
is the ability to move the the different bars for folders, programms, etc. shown in the taskbar when opened (Hope you know what I mean).
Furthermore, the possibility to open several tabs in one explorer window.
Just like the tabs in the firefox browser.
Jaix
Moderator Team

Explorer is under rework

Post by Jaix »

Hi, and welcome to ReactOS!

Explorer is under a complere rewrite, the aim is to make it like the MS dito. We have problems with our present explorer because it doesn't support all the stuff windows explorer does, some say it causes a lot of the hangings we have in reactos now, I'm not sure about this (it works pretty good in XP) however, in the svn we have two different ones and the new one is supposed to take over after the old one ones it is mature.
If this is going to have all the stuff you wish for I don't know but I'm sure it will look more like the windows explorer does.
Arnor

Post by Arnor »

If you mean switching like in you can switch Firefox tabs, I think it's a really good idea though..

We'll see what the future brings :)
Radhad

Post by Radhad »

As far as I know the new Explorer will also use 2 filesystem dialogs in one windows like Free Commander or Total Commander or back to DOS the Norton Commander :) I like these type of shortcuts which leads to copy or move files very quickly. Maybe somone is willing to implement such a file explorer also for the commandline tool for a "ReactOS Server Edition without GUI" ;)
Ged
Developer

Post by Ged »

I assume you mean having the ability to move the task bar buttons for open applications.

I'd also like to have this feature. I'll probably implement it when the new explorer is up an running.