ros-explorer

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

redder

ros-explorer

Post by redder »

hi guys!
i tried the ros-explorer itself and its amazing! this is the best shell replacement i ever see! really good job and will be a really good promo about the ReactOS. can somebody continuing the development (need a better iconhandling, drag'n'drop, more options to customisable ect.) and compile it for the lame users?
Jaix
Moderator Team

Re: ros-explorer

Post by Jaix »

redder wrote:hi guys!
i tried the ros-explorer itself and its amazing! this is the best shell replacement i ever see! really good job and will be a really good promo about the ReactOS. can somebody continuing the development (need a better iconhandling, drag'n'drop, more options to customisable ect.) and compile it for the lame users?
Then l can give you Some good news, React0S explorer is under continous development.
the bert way to get a fresh binary is to get it from the latest nightly build. You can use winimage to extract the binarys really easy.
redder

Post by redder »

thx Jaix, i made it. the size is bigger and the version info is changed to 0.3 but i cant find differences.
Jaix
Moderator Team

Post by Jaix »

redder wrote:thx Jaix, i made it. the size is bigger and the version info is changed to 0.3 but i cant find differences.
Well, If you want to see the differences you may look in the Wiki - Version Status There you can se the differences between all versions of ReactOS and then look for Explorer/Winefile, here you can see the 0.2.5 explorer change log
Dr. Fred
Developer

Post by Dr. Fred »

Well, he is right. You have to look at 0.2.6 changelog anf that's just ...
# support for owner drawn context menus (Martin Fuchs)
# changed icon symbols
Jaix
Moderator Team

Version Change log

Post by Jaix »

Dr. Fred wrote:Well, he is right. You have to look at 0.2.6 changelog anf that's just ...
# support for owner drawn context menus (Martin Fuchs)
# changed icon symbols
I was more thinking about the future updates, the 0.2.5 changelog was just an example. But ofcoruse you are right, but Martin Fuchs har a pretty full fledged FAQ where there is a lot info, however pretty old info, but down in the bottom there is possible to contact him in person. Anyway, here is the address: http://www.sky.franken.de/explorer/
Duck

Ros Explorer installer

Post by Duck »

creating updated ROSExploerr installers was a very good idea.
i havent got ros installed at home because i dont have an extra machine available yet and i have some incompatible hardware in my existing pc. Still, id like to try ReactOs Exploer and help improoving it from winxp but there are no updated installers available. Compiling is not for everyone...

You guys should make updated installers every once in a while that everyone could just download and xp...
Asraniel

Post by Asraniel »

ros explorer is a) a exelent promo and b) when im on windows i would prefer to have ros explorer just because of the 4 desktops, and it looks cooler than the xp one. But atm its too buggy and nothing works realy. But well, im on linux, dont realy need it, but at school it would be great
GvG

Re: Ros Explorer installer

Post by GvG »

Duck wrote:Still, id like to try ReactOs Exploer and help improoving it from winxp but there are no updated installers available. Compiling is not for everyone...
Wondering how you're going to help improving it if you don't know how to compile it :). If you PM me your email address I'll send you the most recent version.
Duck

re: GVG

Post by Duck »

User feedback helps i think. Not everibody has to contribute in the same way right? ;)
Blaskowicz

Post by Blaskowicz »

I found a quick and easy way to try ROS explorer.
Get an ISO of ReactOS and extract it (winrar does that with "right click menu" integration). Then extract ReactOS.cab. Bring up the Task Manager and kill explorer.exe, then launch ReactOS's explorer.exe
No installation, no screwing your Windows, it just works :D
Meklort

Post by Meklort »

Blaskowicz wrote:I found a quick and easy way to try ROS explorer.
Get an ISO of ReactOS and extract it (winrar does that with "right click menu" integration). Then extract ReactOS.cab. Bring up the Task Manager and kill explorer.exe, then launch ReactOS's explorer.exe
No installation, no screwing your Windows, it just works :D
You can get all the reactos file (when you type make install) here
redder

Post by redder »

GvG wrote:
Duck wrote:Still, id like to try ReactOs Exploer and help improoving it from winxp but there are no updated installers available. Compiling is not for everyone...
Wondering how you're going to help improving it if you don't know how to compile it :). If you PM me your email address I'll send you the most recent version.
is it secret? could you upload to www.sky.franken.de please? i think made a good Ros explorer isnt so hard (few features required only) and i dont want to wait till the whole OS is finished. (hope you understand)
GvG

Post by GvG »

redder wrote:is it secret? could you upload to www.sky.franken.de please?
That's Martin Fuchs' (the principal author of Ros Explorer) site, I don't have access to it. I was just trying to be helpfull to Duck. Sometimes people don't like to put their email address in a forum, 'cause of spam bots, that's why I asked him to PM me. I can mail the latest version to you too if you like.
Meklort

Post by Meklort »

GvG wrote:I can mail the latest version to you too if you like.
You can also get the exe at http://meklort.isa-geek.com/reactos/explorer.exe