Mono and the original .NET Framework

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

be59

Mono and the original .NET Framework

Post by be59 »

I've a question:
Mono should be in React OS. But if the original NET Framework works at React OS, then a normal user can swap between Mono or NET Framework?
BOT_ev

Post by BOT_ev »

I don`t think the native .NET will ever work on ReactOS. Correct me if I`m wrong. I heard something about .NET support based on mono. Well its too early for that anyway ...
oiaohm

Post by oiaohm »

MS .net 2.0 work in reactos really possablity thinking it almost works in wine.

Legal that is a different question. Some form of Non MS .net has to be supported.
Ged
Developer

Post by Ged »

dotgnu sound promising
Droas

Post by Droas »

I really don't like dotgnu, mono is much better, but I'd like to see one of them integrated into the system.
ironek69

Post by ironek69 »

Droas wrote:I really don't like dotgnu, mono is much better, but I'd like to see one of them integrated into the system.
well, i don't. I want reactos remain as small in size as possible.
FORCE

Post by FORCE »

Me too i do not want, if i want use .NET terror language then i install mono once and uninstall if i do not need it anymore.
Pesho

Post by Pesho »

Droas wrote:I really don't like dotgnu, mono is much better, but I'd like to see one of them integrated into the system.
Not necessarily integrated, but fully working... mono, dotgnu or MS .NET, at least one of those should work.
swight

Post by swight »

Visual Studio is supposed to be working by 0.6 according to the roadmap and it requires one of those to be working.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Depends on the Version of Visual Studio ;-)
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
Jaix
Moderator Team

Re:

Post by Jaix »

This is why we have the downloader, as soon as they work they will be included there for anyone to install.
Later we probably will be able to be able to choose between some standardized installation packages in the downloader so everything will be downloaded and installed with some simple mouse clicks, so it will feel like those apps are a part of the OS.