anyone tried reactos on an intel atom cpu?

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Stead

anyone tried reactos on an intel atom cpu?

Post by Stead »

Hi, just curious if anyones got it running on intel's atom cpu?

i realise this is the same as the eee pc, however i'm looking into getting an atom 330 (although everyware seems out of stock atthe moment) may consider getting the single core one instead for the time being..

i think reactos to work on the atom would be very good, since the atom logo of reactos n all

from my understanding it will not yet work with dual core cpu's?
coldReactive

Re: anyone tried reactos on an intel atom cpu?

Post by coldReactive »

let alone triple and quad-core CPUs. (this is not an answer, I'm just adding onto the question)
Stead

Post by Stead »

well, i should have a board arriving tuesday, trouble is it'll be paired with a sata drive, but if i get time i'll see how reactos boots up on it, its the gigabyte one so just the single core, the 330's are out of stock everyware or ebay'd at double the retail price

i got an old ide drive i can test with it if i can't get the sata working, maybe if it works it'll be a relief for users of the eee pc :roll:
davy2002a

Post by davy2002a »

the atom instruction set is x86 and x86-64 so i think its safe to say reactos conceivably could run on intel atom cpus, but i have limited knowledge of embedded systems though im sure there COULD be need for developing a HAL for it... (just guessing on that hal one lol)
SdC

Post by SdC »

The cpu won't be the problem; x86 is x86. The problem will be that the tiny pc's all depend heavily on SATA and USB, neither of which are currently working (properly) in ReactOS.
davy2002a

Post by davy2002a »

ya definitely those 2 will need to be developed for sure