1:1 MSPaint clone - not ? but !

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

betaluva

Re: 1:1 MSPaint clone - not ? but !

Post by betaluva »

@ gyROS,i have reshacked your application to create a version with English menus,i hope you don't mind.

because i used babel fish to translate the menus i have called it "the babel fish edition"

*i have revised some of my translations,i think this is a more correct translation, to download it go to http://osbetaworld.bb2.org/index.php?showtopic=500
Last edited by betaluva on Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nintendo Maniac 64

Post by Nintendo Maniac 64 »

You could just reference to an english MS paint. Me or many other members could just screenshot the menus and such.

EDIT: whoops, I forgot I set my Windows GUI language to Japanese to practice my reading skills. I'd have to use my dad's PC then for proper english MS Paint menus, so it just might be easier for someone else to do it.
betaluva

Post by betaluva »

i have ms paint but i wanted to follow gyROS,s idea,s/design.
gyROS

Post by gyROS »

@betaluva:

Whoops! Bad luck! Also yesterday I've created a fully localizable version already including german and british english myself while I was restructuring the resource scripts.
Well, don't mind... Just a bit of unnecessary work. :)

Within the next minutes I'll upload the new exe (which is from now on called Paint.exe!) to:
http://www.freenet-homepage.de/meinstuss/Paint.exe
betaluva

Post by betaluva »

ha-ha-ha :D , you know what they say "CODE HAPPENS"
The123king

Post by The123king »

gyROS wrote:@betaluva:

Whoops! Bad luck! Also yesterday I've created a fully localizable version already including german and british english myself while I was restructuring the resource scripts.
The save option isn't localised [ external image ]
gyROS

Post by gyROS »

Mmmh... Obviously you're right! I've only translated the resource scripts and forgot the MessageBox. I hope you can live without it for now. :roll:
gyROS

Post by gyROS »

@betaluva:

I read your previous posts again and found the screenshot. I didn't realize that the program looks that ugly in XP!
I've now fixed the problem with the background brush (it should look fine now) and turned on the "support XP styles" option. At least in Vista it looks nice now, I just do not get the flat buttons that the original Vista Paint uses. (exe updated)
Ged
Developer

Post by Ged »

gyROS wrote: I just do not get the flat buttons that the original Vista Paint uses.
use TBSTYLE_FLAT or TBSTYLE_TRANSPARENT
Nintendo Maniac 64

Post by Nintendo Maniac 64 »

Oh, you said this is using British English for the english translation. That's fine and all, but what does ROS use, American or British English? (or does ROS have both?)
Last edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 on Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GoBusto

Post by GoBusto »

Nintendo Maniac 64 wrote:Oh, you said this is using British English for the english translation. That's fine and all, but what does ROS use, American or British English? (or does ROS have both?)
American English is the "default" language of ReactOS, if I recall correctly.
gyROS

Post by gyROS »

US english might be the language that is initially selected in the setup, but you can use american english, british english and e.g. australian english as well as you can use for example german german, austrian german and swiss german. In the user interface there isn't any "default" language, although US-english might be the best supported one.

(and once my prog is open source you can create an en-us.rc file yourself and delete some of the colour "u"s)

@Ged:
Thanks, but the program does not use a toolbar anyway (at least not yet). If I change it in the future, I'll remember it.
Ged
Developer

Post by Ged »

ahh, then you'll have trouble creating flat buttons then, you'd have to draw them yourself.
It's better to use a toolbar window if possible
Elledan

Post by Elledan »

*cue discussion about what really is 'American' English and 'British' English*

:D
betaluva

Post by betaluva »

dont forget about orstalian english :D ,struth the crows !, me dingo is a flamin mongrel but me dunny is fair dinkum.

@gyROS, i downloaded paint.exe and ran it in windows xp and i cant see any difference?