1:1 MSPaint clone - not ? but !

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

gyROS

Re: 1:1 MSPaint clone - not ? but !

Post by gyROS »

It might be a minor disadvantage, but I would not necessarily call the disability of executing incorrect code the way intended by the programmer a bug. If you are asked to test for a single bit to be set, you should not assume that the other ones are always zero. Or to quote MSDN:
Parameters

wParam
Indicates whether various virtual keys are down. This parameter can be one or more of the following values.
Maybe one of them was down. Either physically or in QEMU.
I do not know much about virtual keys, and how much of them actually exist/whether for example NumLock is one of them.
At least I cannot prove that there is anything wrong with the ReactOS WM_MOUSEMOVE.

... but I'll have a look. (maybe I'll already find something useful in the bugzilla)
hto
Developer

Post by hto »

gyROS wrote: It might be a minor disadvantage, but I would not necessarily call the disability of executing incorrect code the way intended by the programmer a bug.
Yes, but if some programs rely on this behavior, it is a bug. And sometimes seemingly innocent things indicate a major defect.
... but I'll have a look.
Thanks…
dreams

Post by dreams »

I love this paint clone, and i hope it will some day be included in RosApps!

Make sure when it is finished, the current filename is shown in the dialog title :)
kevintrooper

Post by kevintrooper »

@gyROS what do u mean those are not bugs?
gyROS

Post by gyROS »

Which ones?

WM_MOUSEMOVE: see above, I did not yet check whether they are true ReactOS bugs.

The ones shown in your video:
Well, MSPaint would delete the selection once you've selected a different tool, once my prog does so as well, those bugs will not be visible anymore. (try it yourself) As long as it does not, you will have to delete the selection window manually, before you do any further painting.

(post scriptum: This is my first post written in ReactOS (using QEMU), I was testing my program one more time)
Nintendo Maniac 64

Post by Nintendo Maniac 64 »

Are you planning on putting the small corner/edge drag-boxes that allow you to resize the canvas?
gyROS

Post by gyROS »

I am. But you might agree that implementing them before the ability to change the size (programatically) does not make much sense. I'm currently working on the latter one. (although I do not have much time at the moment)
betaluva

Post by betaluva »

@gyROS, you have missed one feature of mspaint, in mspaint to draw a straight line you have to hold down the shift key while you draw the line, this doesn't work in paint.exe, are you aware of this?
SpoonmAn

Post by SpoonmAn »

hey, when you reach the point to add the resize boxes, please do not forget to make them a litle bigger than microsoft did, in my eyes they are so smal in ms paint that they are nearly useless!!
The123king

Post by The123king »

SpoonmAn wrote:hey, when you reach the point to add the resize boxes, please do not forget to make them a litle bigger than microsoft did, in my eyes they are so smal in ms paint that they are nearly useless!!
Nintendo Maniac 64 wrote:Are you planning on putting the small corner/edge drag-boxes that allow you to resize the canvas?
Those? Yeh, i agree, they are too small.
gyROS

Post by gyROS »

@betaluva:
Okey. that's a feature I didn't even know about. Including it should be possible, but it doesn't have any priority.

@SpoonmAn:
They'll get the same size they have in MSPaint. Most likely not everyone is of your opinion.
It might be a good idea for screens with huge resolutions, but not for smaller ones.

Is there anyone who can check the english translation and give me feedback.
Only if the british english translation is correct it makes sense to build an american english one. (I'm sorry, but I personally won't include an australian english one)

All the custom dialogs are included now. The exe is already updated.
http://www.freenet-homepage.de/meinstuss/Paint.exe
gabrielilardi
Moderator Team

Post by gabrielilardi »

@gyROS: Great work, thanks!
Could you include other languages like italian & spanish, at least initially with english content? (I have an italian XP and the dialogs are in german). I could make you the translations by the way.
The123king

Post by The123king »

You still havn't translated the save dialog box. And one of the options in "Image" hasn't been translated yet. It's called "Zuschneiden" i think.
gyROS

Post by gyROS »

@gabrielilardi:
So you want to translate it? Great! These are the lang files I currently have:
http://www.freenet-homepage.de/meinstuss/de-DE.rc
http://www.freenet-homepage.de/meinstuss/en-GB.rc

@The123king:
The save dialog box should finally include the filename as well, so I'll wait with it.
with "Zuschneiden" there's a little problem: both, the literal translation of "Ausschneiden" and "Zuschneiden" is "cut". That could lead to confusion.
The function is for reducing the picture's size to the selection window.
I still do not know how I should translate it. "truncate"? maybe "tailor"? or "crop"? (Need a suggestion)
Black_Fox

Post by Black_Fox »

+1 for crop, it's usually collocated with that operation in graphics editing software.