Dual Boot with Ubuntu

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

ringorgone

Dual Boot with Ubuntu

Post by ringorgone »

I had XP on a partition and Ubuntu on another. Ubuntu Grub chose between them at startup. I used ReactOS to format XP and install on that partition. On reboot the Linux Grub gave me the choice of Ubuntu or Windows 2000/XP and after choosing the latter it booted ReactOS.
It is an AMD Athlon. I couldn't install anything on ReactOS, no drivers, no sound, no jpeg or bmp viewing. Couldn't copy anything onto C: drive. But once all this is sorted out it will be great to have a Microsoft-Linux alternative.
Dave
BOT_ev

Re: Dual Boot with Ubuntu

Post by BOT_ev »

Please bear in mind that ReactOS 0.3.9 is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is not recommended for everyday use.
The123king

Post by The123king »

So you managed to Dual boot ReactOS with the XP bootloader? Interesting....

From what i've tested and tried, ReactOS doesn't like being dual booted (unless it's with itself) so this might be a minor breakthrough.

BTW, what partition was ReactOS installed on? The first or second primary partition?
Zvince

Post by Zvince »

It is not the XP bootloader but Grub, thats different. The bootloader would have been used if Reactos had been installed beside XP.
The123king

Post by The123king »

Zvince wrote:It is not the XP bootloader but Grub, thats different. The bootloader would have been used if Reactos had been installed beside XP.
I forgot to read :(