REACTOS wit ACPI enabled?

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

wojo664

REACTOS wit ACPI enabled?

Post by wojo664 »

Where to find ROS revision with ACPI enabled? I wan't to try that version. See how it works... I heard that it was commented because of errors... but it was in the "deep" past. Maybe some experimental images Are Avaliable (not counting normal revisions)that I can test? Maybe ACPI is working good now?
gabrielilardi
Moderator Team

Re: REACTOS wit ACPI enabled?

Post by gabrielilardi »

wojo664 wrote:Where to find ROS revision with ACPI enabled? I wan't to try that version. See how it works... I heard that it was commented because of errors... but it was in the "deep" past. Maybe some experimental images Are Avaliable (not counting normal revisions)that I can test? Maybe ACPI is working good now?
It has been disabled in 40521, try some revisions before that.
hto
Developer

Post by hto »

It's here — simply uncomment it and build yourself. History teaches us that it was enabled in r39722 and then disabled again in r40521, between releases 0.3.8 and 0.3.9.
wojo664

Post by wojo664 »

/* Always call the top of the device stack */

Did You mean I need to remowe lines similar to that on the top? ^
WOW that will take some time... this file has ove 2000 lines of code...
EDIT: "//#define ENABLE_ACPI" found out the line :D
So deleting two slashes should enable whole ACPI right?

And I have trouble with downloading the source... Last time when I've tried download ROS code from svn, rewriting sample command from wiki to ROSBE app, It takes enourmous time to get... and I don't know the name of the branch, so it seems that I've tried downloading ALL SVN... (i was able to read from scrolling list PowerPC for example.... I need only ROS for PC... Also where to look for downloaded files? In which) folder they are stored?

Total newbie I'am...
wojo664

Post by wojo664 »

Ok. now I have a problem: alvays when I try to compile (build) something, an error is printed, that there is no dll.rbuild file :(
hto
Developer

Post by hto »

Please write what exactly you do and what exactly is an error.
wojo664

Post by wojo664 »

I've opened the ROSBE, entered (pasted from context menu)

Code: Select all

svn co svn://svn.reactos.org/reactos/trunk/reactos
Then the downloading started, after that i've must disconnect from it, because someone else wanted use of that computer, so after over half an hour of downloading, I clicked X on the ROSBE window. After that System tells me that program is nort responding, and asks for termination. I did not clicked OK, on ROSBE window There was suddenly strange readout " Signal Caught" and it closed itself. After that, I am on this computer again, and trying to compile something. For example typing "make" and drag-dropping random ".rbuild" files
and trying to make bootcd.
Example: I type "make bootcd"
and it responds:

Code: Select all

Mingw32-make: [makefile.auto] Error 1 <ignored>
[RBUILD] makefile.auto
Reading build files...ReactOS-i386.rbuild<79>:Can't open file 'dll/dll.rbuild'
mingw32-make: *** No rule to make target 'bootcd'. Stop.
Total Build Time: 00:00:03
I thought aabout wrong settings in the Program, so typed charch and inputed "i-386" After that it asks again, so I again input "i-386".
Pitty that it does not help... Where I can download dll.rbuild?

I used after this "svn up" but it says "svn: Working copy '.' locked.
swight

Post by swight »

I have only done one successful compilation of reactos but one thing I found out in the process was the the make command is really picky about which directory you start in. Make sure that the directory you start the make command in is the one the contains the base,boot, dll, ect. folders.
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

wojo664 wrote:Then the downloading started, after that i've must disconnect from it, because someone else wanted use of that computer, so after over half an hour of downloading, I clicked X on the ROSBE window.
Well,it is quite possible that you didnt download all the trunk.Please check how big is the trunk in your PC and report it.
Meanwhile try these commands )in this order):
ssvn cleanup (it will fix some errors,if needed,because a non finished download)
ssvn status (it will tell you which is the revision you currently have in your PC and which revision is in ReactOS repository)
ssvn update (it will update to trunk)

This will discard an issue about wrong copied files.
Then please use:
clean all (dont use make clean)
And then try to build again with:
makex bootcd (this will use all your processors)

Tell us if something weird happens when doing this actions.Thanks
wojo664 wrote:Where I can download dll.rbuild?
You should have that file in reactos/dll folder,btw check you have the "basics folders" as:ntoskrnl,modules,media,lib,include,hal,drivers,dll, boot, base.
If you dont have,then you didnt download correctly the trunk.With the previous steps you should have now all the tree downloaded.It takes some Gb, so please,check you have enough space.
wojo664

Post by wojo664 »

In Folder properties there are two values
Size: 725 mb
Size on Disk:936 mb
You should have that file in reactos/dll folder,btw check you have the
I don't have that single file, basic folder structure is present
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

Then please perform a "ssvn update" or "ssvn update numberofrevisionyouwanttohaveinyourPC", it will find the files missing and add them to your local copy.
Inside reactos/dll path you should find the next folders:
3rdparty,cpl.directx,keyboard,nls,ntdll,shellext,win32.And also a file(and the winner):dll.rbuild.
Please check you have these folders too.So you can confirm your trunk is not fully downloaded.
hto
Developer

Post by hto »

wojo664 wrote: It takes enourmous time to get...
You have to do it just once. Then use svn up to get updates.
For example typing "make" and drag-dropping random ".rbuild" files and trying to make bootcd.
Drag-dropping?? What do you mean?
Example: I type "make bootcd" and it responds:
[…]
Because svn co was interrupted.
I used after this "svn up" but it says "svn: Working copy '.' locked.
Run svn cleanup and then svn co svn://svn.reactos.org/reactos/trunk/reactos again to download the rest.

EDIT: I'm sorry, use svn up after svn cleanup, do not run svn co again.
wojo664

Post by wojo664 »

You have to do it just once. Then use svn up to get updates.

For example typing "make" and drag-dropping random ".rbuild" files and trying to make bootcd.

Drag-dropping?? What do you mean?
Drag the .rbuild file and drop it in ROSBE window, there is no need to write long path to working copy folder. Just delete " (quote) signs on both ends of the path and hit enter. Just click on the .rbuild file, and move it without releasing left button of the mouse on the main ROSBE window. ;)

Thanks. It''s now updating while I write this post :)
PS Is that normal that The reactos folder is doubled?
hto
Developer

Post by hto »

There should be one reactos folder, with base, boot, and other subfolders; COPYING, COPYING.ARM, COPYING.LIB, Makefile, and other files.
wojo664

Post by wojo664 »

I have Reactos folder, and in that folder among other folders is also reactos folder... delete it? and it has also similar content like main ros folder...