Latest Arwinss ISO's

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

gabrielilardi
Moderator Team

Re: Latest Arwinss ISO's

Post by gabrielilardi »

Thanks for stabbing me in the back for simply trying to help.
Everybody is welcomed to help, I tried to clear this up in a PM. As I said, this is nothing personal. Thanks for your understanding.
nicamarvin2005

Post by nicamarvin2005 »

Why you back stabbed him..... :cry:
cmoibenlepro

Post by cmoibenlepro »

errr... this bug is resolved
Really? Great! :mrgreen:
gabrielilardi
Moderator Team

Post by gabrielilardi »

nicamarvin2005 wrote:Why you back stabbed him..... :cry:
Nobody stabbed anyone, the team has decided to host the Arwinss iso's on the official SourceForge space...
Nintendo Maniac 64

Post by Nintendo Maniac 64 »

lol wut, what's so back-stabby about that? If anything, it's almost like your work has been promoted!

Remember, ARWINSS is still ReactOS, just ReactOS done differently under the hood. They're supposed to end up with the same result though, so I think it's good to not keep them too separated.

Besides, this could be very helpful for the SourceForge Community Awards (which we were SO so close to winning last year).
led-bloon

Post by led-bloon »

I would just like to know why this topic was "cleaned up"?
The first mention of arwinss.com appears on page 7, when it was up and running.
gabrielilardi
Moderator Team

Post by gabrielilardi »

led-bloon wrote:I would just like to know why this topic was "cleaned up"?
The first mention of arwinss.com appears on page 7, when it was up and running.
I mainly removed my posts saying which rev I had uploaded. I always change the first post so it always reflects the latest info, i.e. before arwinss.com the images were hosted in 4shared.com (this was in the first post too before arwinss.com domain).
nicamarvin2005

Post by nicamarvin2005 »

They're supposed to end up with the same result though, so I think it's good to not keep them too separated
Why Not...byt the way things are going for ARWINS they will take years to catch up.... ;)

by the way FireFox 3.6.6 its working perfect.... :P
Nintendo Maniac 64

It may take years, or even "Duke Nukem Forever development cycles", but they're both still supposed to end up with the same result, regardless of time.

Besides, if things keep going the way they are in cloud computing and the mobile space, in 10 to 20 years Microsoft may eventually decide that PC Windows is irrelevent and no longer develop it, which would give ReactOS all the time in the world it would need to "catch up" (though relevance may be an issue; see FreeDOS as an example, but that may just be because of DosBox)
nicamarvin2005

Post by nicamarvin2005 »

It may take years, or even "Duke Nukem Forever development cycles", but they're both still supposed to end up with the same result,
I prefer ARWINS now than Reactos in 2 years.... :roll:
Nintendo Maniac 64

Hey, I do too, but would you prefer ReactOS over ARWINSS in 10 or 20 years?

That's the point, ARWINSS is not meant for long-term; like I stated pages back, it's a stop-gap.
nicamarvin2005

Post by nicamarvin2005 »

Buddy the future is not granted, enven more so the long term....I am excited with ARWINS today, not so much with REACTOS... :P
led-bloon

Post by led-bloon »

I mainly removed my posts saying which rev I had uploaded. I always change the first post so it always reflects the latest info, i.e. before arwinss.com the images were hosted in 4shared.com (this was in the first post too before arwinss.com domain).
Thanks for the info, sri to bother you.
Arwinss - great work, well appreciated, THANKS.
:|
AMD Athlon 2650e - Windows XP Home SP3 - VMWare Player v2
cmoibenlepro

Post by cmoibenlepro »

But who knows what will happen in 10 to 20 years. It is possible that the current developpers will retire in the next 20 years, and be replaced by other team members who will maybe not share the same idea that the original ReactOS is better than ARWINSS, especially if the NT design become obsolete in 20 years.
Nintendo Maniac 64

Yeah, but if NT isn't used any more, there's a MASSIVE chance it'll be because of mobile and/or web-based technologies, which itself is a change more comparable to the mainframe to PC transition rather than the DOS to NT transition.

In other words, I think that what will come after NT (whether in succession or general-use obsolescence) will be different enough that it would be out of the scope and relevance of ReactOS.

Japan is an early example of this; from what I hear PCs are really only used by businesses and, uh, "geeks" - cell phones and gaming consoles fill in the rest of a PC's generally-used abilities and features. Heck, take a look at most Japanese sites - it's like going back 10 years due to cell phone friendly designs.