Mono in ROS - 3.12

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

boomhauer

Mono in ROS - 3.12

Post by boomhauer »

I usually try to run a Mono application in each new release of ROS. 3.12 seems to be a lot better than prior version - even the speed is noticeably faster. I am able to successfully install Mono, but trying to launch the demo apps doesnt work - it tries to load and just exits. I was curious if anyone might have an idea how close we could be to running mono or ms .net framework in this os? I think this could be a powerful combination. Thanks
ShamanPL

Re: Mono in ROS - 3.12

Post by ShamanPL »

.net framework does not work atm.
Smiley
Developer

Re: Mono in ROS - 3.12

Post by Smiley »

hi there!

thanks for testing! aparently mono used to run in reactos in the past however it is possible that it has regressed. Before one year or so it showed a message saying that it got an error from VirtuaQuery and exited. After a fix in memory manager this dissapeared and running very simple programs worked. However back then it still couldn't compile simple apps. Right now there is a bug report in bugzilla saying that it shows this messsage however it can compile and run simple apps successfuly. Please be pationt since the memory management is being reeritten right now and regressions are expected. After the rewrite is completed we should be more compatible with mono.
What exactly did you test?