Homemade downloader and installer for mfc42.dll

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Jedi-to-be

Post by Jedi-to-be »

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlGdrvXnEIJfg1r36u4LkkITY84-
hbelusca
Developer

Re: What is the file named "MFC42.dll" ?

Post by hbelusca »

Thread necromancy, anyone?
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

I must admit I always have a problem myself over whether to place a pertinent post in the most relevant (if old) location or to create a new thread as are the rules here. My journalistic brain says to place all the information into the same old location, my archivist brain says do the same too. Raising a thread is the wrong thing to do here on this forum but in other places, in fact i most other places it is the correct thing to do.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
PurpleGurl

Post by PurpleGurl »

dizt3mp3r wrote:I must admit I always have a problem myself over whether to place a pertinent post in the most relevant (if old) location or to create a new thread as are the rules here. My journalistic brain says to place all the information into the same old location, my archivist brain says do the same too. Raising a thread is the wrong thing to do here on this forum but in other places, in fact i most other places it is the correct thing to do.
I agree with you. I tend to think it's a stupid rule. I've tried to start ongoing threads only for mods to split them and destroy the value of the thread.

Now in this particular case, I tend to agree with the rule. The discussion involved very old copies of ROS and I found it confusing before checking the dates.