Wikipedia Page

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

ArmyMan007

Wikipedia Page

Post by ArmyMan007 »

Hi everyone,

I've recently updated the ReactOS Wikipedia page in Hebrew (it was really outdated), and I've still got some way to complete the page. I've copied most of the data from the English version, and I've noticed that it hasn't been updated in quite a while. Is it being constantly updated or only when there is a new release of ROS?
ReactOS - Open Your Windows to Freedom
hto
Developer

Post by hto »

Hi, and thank you.

I think it would be good to add there a screenshot with some programs (Notepad, Firefox?) which show a Hebrew text. The OS itself is not translated to Hebrew, yet…

(BTW, there are other outdated pages. The Chinese page, in particular, does not demonstrate that this language is supported for quite a while.)
ArmyMan007

Re: Wikipedia Page

Post by ArmyMan007 »

I would love to do that. Only problem is that Hebrew fonts are not supported at all!
And besides, the Wikipedia pages are somewhat outdated that I can't even tell if the Hebrew font will ever be supported...
livestrong2109

Post by livestrong2109 »

We should see if we can load the Google Web Fonts Library into our Wiki... It would likely only require minimal work, 10 min or so.
Wesley Howard
ROS Contributor - Web Developer
ArmyMan007

Post by ArmyMan007 »

Hey guys, just wanted to update that I've uploaded an image to the Hebrew wikipedia page which shows firefox in Hebrew working within ROS.
Sure took me a long time to get firefox to work (had to burn it to a CD and use it within the VM itself!), but overall mission accomplished.

If you have any other ideas of what to add I would be more then happy to do so.

Not that Hebrew fonts (as well as other middle eastern / asian fonts) are not supported at the moment.
hto
Developer

Post by hto »

Not that Hebrew fonts (as well as other middle eastern / asian fonts) are not supported at the moment.
There is some known problem with displaying Thai text in ReactOS correctly. What is the quality of Hebrew text?
had to burn it to a CD and use it within the VM itself!
But there's no need to do it. A simple CD image file rather then a physical CD drive can be used.