Themes support is in da house

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

igorko

Themes support is in da house

Post by igorko »

Here are some screenshots from latest rev (r53336) of Theme Support GSOC branch. Very very big "Thanks and Awesome and <put you thanksgiving here>" goes to Giannis Adamopoulos (known on IRC as Smiley1) for his work.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

How to get it? Easy!!!

Get iso, get some theme from here for example and put theme inside the ReactOS/Recources/Themes/ folder. Enjoy.

Latest iso with integrated theme(don't worry, not that from screenshots ;) ) is HERE

Please use 32 BIT colors for best results and please REPORT any issues here in this topic. Help do make it more cool faster.
Last edited by igorko on Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
gonzoMD

Re: Themes support is in da house

Post by gonzoMD »

aaaaaaaaawesome, thanks Giannis!!! Keep up your great Work.

Is the unthemed Taskbar caused by old explorer code or is it just unimplemented?
Pisarz

Post by Pisarz »

Won't work on VirtualBox. Got two BSOD's and FreeLoader error.
igorko

Post by igorko »

gonzoMD wrote: Is the unthemed Taskbar caused by old explorer code or is it just unimplemented?
I think it's because old Explorer doesn't support theming.

Btw i found bug: After getting taskbar context menu system becames unusable.I can't make any choice in menu and can't move mouse focus to anything else (Desktop icons, Start button etc).
igorko

Post by igorko »

[ external image ]
Another bug
Zc456

Post by Zc456 »

Yes! Yes! Yes! Oh, Luna how I missed you.
Stay frosty, Tony Bark.
okktaviuz

Post by okktaviuz »

not working for me for some reason
mouse and keyboard freezes and i can't just HIT the Next button
Saibamen

Post by Saibamen »

@up: don't install with ACPI :)
ReactOS Forum Global Moderator
IT-Maniak.pl administrator
cruonit

Post by cruonit »

niceeee, Pisrz announced that he is implementing the "reactOS Elegant Black concept"
new revision: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4527369/Koncept ... t_rev4.png (compatible with reactos features)
old one: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4527369/ROS_Concept_rev3.png (i hope someday)

http://www.reactos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=9293

a great mix between ubuntu and vista.
sh4ring4n

Post by sh4ring4n »

How would I integrate a theme onto Reactos?

EDIT: Found it! looks like someone posted it on the first post
Last edited by sh4ring4n on Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The cake is a lie!
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

I will investigate in this later that day. Afaik we don't have the needed folder in our cd creation list.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
Sof_T

Post by Sof_T »

igorko wrote: Latest iso with integrated theme(don't worry, not that from screenshots ;) ) is HERE

Please use 32 BIT colors for best results and please REPORT any issues here in this topic. Help do make it more cool faster.
I've tried the download with themes included on virtualbox, I didn't get as far as attempting to change themes as my usb mouse didn't work (not that I expected it to) What I found a little strange was during the first start set up the theming is already in place for the window borders etc, however the buttons for each dialogue didn't get fully themed, the focused button in each case was themed and the unfocused ones were drawn as usual. Not sure if this is due to the particular theme or something else, away for the weekend so no chance to play for a few more days with a proper mouse. Great to see the progress here though.
Smiley
Developer

Post by Smiley »

Sof_T wrote:
igorko wrote: Latest iso with integrated theme(don't worry, not that from screenshots ;) ) is HERE

I've tried the download with themes included on virtualbox, I didn't get as far as attempting to change themes as my usb mouse didn't work (not that I expected it to) What I found a little strange was during the first start set up the theming is already in place for the window borders etc, however the buttons for each dialogue didn't get fully themed, the focused button in each case was themed and the unfocused ones were drawn as usual. Not sure if this is due to the particular theme or something else, away for the weekend so no chance to play for a few more days with a proper mouse. Great to see the progress here though.
This is a known bug due to wine's user32/comctl32 code
Sof_T

Post by Sof_T »

I didn't know that but it makes a lot of sense, thanks Smiley.
Shinobu Maehara

Post by Shinobu Maehara »

What is the general architecture of the theme system?
While I recognise that many nice Windows themes exist, in the future we may want to do more advanced things than is possible with Windows' theme engine, and I wondered how extensible ReactOS's theme engine is.