The graphics

The place to bring up any design issues, or post your own creations

Moderator: Moderator Team

Jalmari

The graphics

Post by Jalmari »

Hi! I've decided to start redesigning some parts of the outdated look of ReactOS.
Here's what I have finished yet:

Progress bar:
[ external image ]
Some icons (originals are 512x512):
[ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ]

basic folder icon in all sizes (512x512 - 16x16)
Design is my passion
Konata

Re: The graphics

Post by Konata »

These are awesome! I'd love to use these. Are you going to make a GTK icon pack for them, by chance? I'd totally use those icons on my GNU/Linux box.
hbelusca
Developer

Post by hbelusca »

Hi! We currently try to conform with the Tango icon-set. Concerning the other parts of the UI, you need to create a new theme in the same way we have our already-existing "Lotus" theme (see http://svn.reactos.org/svn/reactos/trun ... ia/themes/ for more details).
timmay2019

Post by timmay2019 »

Those look really good and professional. Well done ;) . It'll be awesome if you keep making more of these and give us an update on your progress.
manuel

Post by manuel »

hbelusca wrote:Hi! We currently try to conform with the Tango icon-set. Concerning the other parts of the UI, you need to create a new theme in the same way we have our already-existing "Lotus" theme (see http://svn.reactos.org/svn/reactos/trun ... ia/themes/ for more details).
why only tango icons?, lautus no change folders icons by example, the icon is tango style always.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

XP themes do NOT change any symbols. Neither do ROS themes which ARE XP themes. Why tango? It's ugly, but ALL symbols we need are there and all are fitting together.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
hbelusca
Developer

Post by hbelusca »

I mentioned the lotus theme because themes can change the look of progress bars, for example (and cursors maybe, but not icons, ok...)
Jalmari

Post by Jalmari »

OK, thanks for the replies. I'll probably rather contribute to existing projects than start a new from scratch though I may keep working on the icon set.

EDIT: My hard drive died and I lost all data of this project. I'm not going to start again.
Design is my passion