Ged, the design?

The place to bring up any design issues, or post your own creations

Moderator: Moderator Team

Jesper79

Ged, the design?

Post by Jesper79 »

Hi Ged, I guess it was you that did the work on the design that started the gui "flamewar"? if not you probebly know how. I was wondering if you still has the code? if so would it be possible for you to make an external graphics patch(official or not) just like an SP or something... That would be cool for the 0.30 release and would probebly satify a lot of people ....

just a thought, a lot of people liked your stuff... and this way people would be able to turn it on at least... if not off.
Ged
Developer

Post by Ged »

The stuff I was working on was largely unfinished. It was also written entierly in C whilst I was testing / developing it, with the intention of merging it into the explorer C++ code once I'd finished working on it.

So I guess the answer is, no, it's not possible to have this included in ROS. It still requires quite a bit of work to fully implement it.
Jesper79

Post by Jesper79 »

ok.. thanks for the fast reply...
MadRat

Post by MadRat »

What GUI 'flame war' is Jesper79 talking about?
Go Huskers!
cmoibenlepro

Post by cmoibenlepro »

What GUI 'flame war' is Jesper79 talking about?
That "mf" moron blocked everything ged created (even if mf didn't created anything beside 3-4 icons 6 months ago...) because he thought he was the big boss of the gui.

Now fortunately he resigned of all his power and left the project (as he said on the mailing list).

Now, eventually, Ged you could come back... :roll:
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Fighting for your work makes you a moron? Interesting....

I like Ged's work very much, but moron is the wrong word here and I would not use it here.
GreyGhost

Post by GreyGhost »

EmuandCo wrote:Fighting for your work makes you a moron? Interesting....

I like Ged's work very much, but moron is the wrong word here and I would not use it here.
I agree with EmuandCo , ... in my opinion different people have different views and that is no reason to be rude about them.... I too like Ged's work but I never seemed to have found anything wrong about the design of ROS UI....
Alkali

Post by Alkali »

I also like (liked?) Ged's UI work, but then again I kinda liked a lot of mf's work as well. The reason I like Ged more is because he came of as less rude. When people made suggestions (even for replacements of his current work), he was responsful and open to the suggestions. Mf seemed more concerned with the UI being made by him than with it having the best design. And yes, mf really could have made (borrowed) more icons, a pure reactos theme was not nessisary at this time.

Also, from a sideline prospectors point of veiw, Ged showed much more dedication to the project, helping newbs (in the forum), and never coming off as arrogant. Because of this, I greatly hope he eventually comes back to the UI.

On a side: I thought the reactos motto was "commit first ask questions later"

I can bring up forum links to prove my points.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

I think everybody in here hopes Ged comes back to UI. I like his Ideas.
MadRat

Post by MadRat »

Not only do I like Ged's work, his ability to sustain work output, produce excellent work, listen to input, and maintain a good personality regardless of the forum are rare qualities.
Go Huskers!
cmoibenlepro

Post by cmoibenlepro »

Sorry for the 'moron', English is not my first language, and I didn't used to good word.. :oops:
Not only do I like Ged's work, his ability to sustain work output, produce excellent work, listen to input, and maintain a good personality regardless of the forum are rare qualities.
That's what I meant.