.aart3k

Designs of sound :)

Post by .aart3k »

Let the sounds speak for themselves, check them out:

http://soundcloud.com/wee-r/sets/reacto ... s-proposal
naums

Re: Designs of sound :)

Post by naums »

These sound like the Windows-Sounds. I don't know about them. It's not like I would love them, but they aren't horrible :). well but better than the one Ros uses now :). Keep in mind that I wouldn't accomplished them... ^^

MfG Naums
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Nice idea, but be careful with lettin em sound like the ms ones
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
.aart3k

Post by .aart3k »

They aren't even in the same scale as windows ones. Just kinda inspirated by. Like the whole ROS is.
Soundz were made using oscillators, absolutely no samples used - fully clear room practice ;)
naums

Post by naums »

well. but they sound like the windows-ones, what's not even a bad thing. But I don't know whether the copyright-stuff. You know these huuuuuuge companies. They sue everyone if there is the slightest chance to win the the most expensive lawyers they can get. ^^.
bntser

Post by bntser »

They sound nice! I wouldn't have been able to do better, but the sound a little "old fasioned" and too synthesized. I would prefer more realistic-based sound scheme, but yours is nice for oscillators. Perhaps they would sound better if you removed some of the fuzziness?
.aart3k

Post by .aart3k »

I still have to master the sound of the bass line in startup - it idd sounds a little fuzzy.
As for ms suing - not likely, and for the most sure thing - not based on Poland's or international laws :)
naums

Post by naums »

I just translated something in Newsletter 43: (http://www.reactos.org/en/newsletter_43.html) (Sourceforge Community Choise Awards)
Anyway, the Community Choice Awards are currently going on and ReactOS has been nominated in three categories: Most Likely to Change the World, Most Likely to be Accused of Patent Violation, and Most Likely to Get Users Sued.
Well I find this quote fits in here quite nicely. I'm 100% sure, that Microsoft will come at the end in 10 years and claim: "Some of you've seen the Windows Code, the ReactOS project is illegal" and sue us. That is because Microsoft is about to loose his monopoly, which brought lots and lots of money into their houses.

MfG Naums
.aart3k

Post by .aart3k »

don't ot plz
naums

Post by naums »

sorry. :)