15%
NO, I don't like it at all
4%

Total votes: 81

Dominik

ROS design suggestion

Post by Dominik »

Edit: Design Suggestion #2 no more available
Last edited by Dominik on Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Phalanx

Post by Phalanx »

I think the C:\ button should be replaced with a real address bar. You also do not need the sorting buttons if you take out the client windows.
Ged
Developer

Post by Ged »

Looks great !!

You should think about joining the UI team if your interested in this area.
Dominik

Post by Dominik »

I think the C:\ button should be replaced with a real address bar.
thats a good idea, i added it to my to-do-list at http://www.reactos.org/wiki/index.php/D ... Ottenbreit
Dominik

Post by Dominik »

ged wrote:Looks great !!

You should think about joining the UI team if your interested in this area.
Of course I'd be glad to!
Viator

Post by Viator »

It Looks Great The problem is this is a open source project and you are using proprietary icons buttons bars etc from xp and longhorn/vista and mac osx
Self made and tango icons are great there are alot of othere open icons out there as well. Try to steer away from "borrowing" from windows. It would be perfectly legal imho if you have a windows license and installed them to your own install of ROS but not everoyone has a windows or mac osx license so i think open/free/made from scratch is the way to go.
counting_pine

Post by counting_pine »

The current theme will look better when all the old icons have been taken out. I like the icons in your new theme, but if they're proprietary, I think it would just be better to wait until mf's finished his icons.

That said, I quite like that background though, and the sidebar in the start menu is really nice-looking.
cmoibenlepro

Post by cmoibenlepro »

I like it very much!
The explorer look a lot better with the firefox icons. It's a proof that the current explorer icons should be removed ASAP
(of course proprietary icons can't be used...)
The wallpaper is very nice also.
And the new start menu icon is great

I vote for it :D
You have a lot of talent, you should participate in the UI team, contact mf .
stefan

Post by stefan »

i've took dominiks design test and added a adressbar to explorer, realigned the navigation icons and changed controlpanel icon:
http://reactosde.re.funpic.de/mediadeta ... p&mdnr=121[/img]
But i think the controlpanel icon style does not fit into the tango project icon style.
#reactos - nothin2g
Get your shit at http://www.wakka.de
ls

Post by ls »

Is this with todays SVN trunk. If it is I am downloading it straight away. I hate the ugly style of the tree system of ROS.

How did you change the stock icons?

You may need to get rid of that wallpaper though. It looks a lot like the vista style. (well then just wait for ReactOS 1 you evil people at the big MS) :D :D
stefan

Post by stefan »

No, this is not included in todays svn trunk.
#reactos - nothin2g
Get your shit at http://www.wakka.de
forart

Post by forart »

'My computer' icon is really disturbing (both versions) me.

Check this out.

note:
afterglow design are interested to port their icons to ReactOS.
DESIGNMOOD, MIDLAND and Xeader claimed that are interested in ReactOS graphics too...[/url]
»Forward Agency NPO
In progress we (always) trust.
Dominik

Post by Dominik »

Well first thanks for the great replies!
It Looks Great The problem is this is a open source project and you are using proprietary icons buttons bars etc from xp and longhorn/vista and mac osx
Self made and tango icons are great there are alot of othere open icons out there as well. Try to steer away from "borrowing" from windows.
You are right. I know we can't use proprietary icons, this was just a direction to develop the ui to.
If the UI Team is interrested in my suggestions I will never propose to use proprietary icons.
i've took dominiks design test and added a adressbar to explorer, realigned the navigation icons and changed controlpanel icon:
http://reactosde.re.funpic.de/mediadeta ... p&mdnr=121[/img]
But i think the controlpanel icon style does not fit into the tango project icon style.
Good idea, as you can see at http://www.reactos.org/wiki/index.php/D ... Ottenbreit this was one of my tasks for suggestion #2, but well done!
How did you change the stock icons?

You may need to get rid of that wallpaper though. It looks a lot like the vista style. (well then just wait for ReactOS 1 you evil people at the big MS)
The design suggestion is completely drawn.
As I said some sentences earlyer, I will not use any proprieatry graphics if UI-Team is interrested, but you are right this is a part of the MS vista background.
'My computer' icon is really disturbing (both versions) me.
Sorry, link doesn't work
HUMA2000

Post by HUMA2000 »

I like the new look, but I think the star menu must be improved and the windows must look like I saw on wiki, using a flat buton theme whit ROS color scheme, also the star menu bar must look like that.
cmoibenlepro

Post by cmoibenlepro »

HUMA2000 wrote:the windows must look like I saw on wiki, using a flat buton theme whit ROS color scheme
You mean this?
[ external image ]

well, imho I don't think it's very good... I don't like that much the original reactos color scheme... Those colors are not used anymore for the website...

And I don't like the buttons (minimize/close window) because they are too small and too flat. It seems difficult to click on them...