Login to JIRA

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

Forever Winter

Login to JIRA

Post by Forever Winter »

Hi @all

I am watching this project for a couple of years now and finally createed an account to report bugs and trying my luck with some simpler issues.
However i am unable to log in to jira, so my question is, must i create a seperate account for jira or must I use my forum account and it must first be
unlocked. If I try to log in to jira with my forum account it complains about an incorrect user name or password. I had do a search on the forum, but
that wasn't that helpful, maybe I have not looked enougth.

Oh, I have a second question about jira. The wiki states that one have to give the real name if one submits a patch cause patches from unknown
people are not accepted. So could I give that information directly on jira on the created issue or should one fill out the real name field in the
user account properties.

So thanks for your time, any help would be welcome.

P.S. I'm not a native english speaker nor a great speaker, so sorry for my bad english and formulating.
hbelusca
Developer

Re: Login to JIRA

Post by hbelusca »

Hello !
Forever Winter wrote: [...] and finally createed an account to report bugs and trying my luck with some simpler issues.
However i am unable to log in to jira, so my question is, must i create a seperate account for jira or must I use my forum account and it must first be
unlocked. If I try to log in to jira with my forum account it complains about an incorrect user name or password. I had do a search on the forum, but
that wasn't that helpful, maybe I have not looked enougth.
Normally you have to use the same credentials as the ones you created in our main website. However, there are synchronization problems between user databases of our site with respect to our Jira's site (that should be fixed one day or another). For fixing this, try to join the IRC channel #reactos and ask your question regarding that (you may then see with the person nicknamed HeisSpiter).

Forever Winter wrote: Oh, I have a second question about jira. The wiki states that one have to give the real name if one submits a patch cause patches from unknown
people are not accepted. So could I give that information directly on jira on the created issue or should one fill out the real name field in the
user account properties.
Either you can specify your real name in the so-called "Full name" field of your Jira profile (and set a valid mail account), or just precise your name when the developer going to commit your patch, asks it to you.
Forever Winter wrote: So thanks for your time, any help would be welcome.

P.S. I'm not a native english speaker nor a great speaker, so sorry for my bad english and formulating.
You're welcome :) (and no problem with your english, many people here - including myself - are not native speakers).
Forever Winter

Re: Login to JIRA

Post by Forever Winter »

Thanks for the answer, hbelusca.

Than I grab out an IRC client and ask in #reactos. It should'nt bother me to much, because I think it is more important that the Jira site itself works
and of course, I don't want to create a new account per day, so its not that bad.

If the developer that commits the patch is asking for the real name on commit, I think it's the better choice to specify it in the "Full name" field,
otherwise it may slow down the developers work.

Again, thank you very much for your help.